School Special Education Teacher
Company: HealthPRO Management Services, Inc.
Posted on: January 26, 2019
Overview Special Education Teacher - Pediatrics Join our Pediatric School Based Team, and use your passion for Special Education to help make a difference in a child's life!
- Special Education Teacher needed for 6th thru 8th grade / Middle School
- ED position
- South Central Area of Virginia
- ASAP Start
- Self contained classroom - around 8 students
- Full Time / 7.5 Hours daily / 37.5 hours weekly We value our Special Education Teachers and their dedication to our mission of making a difference in a child's life. That is why we make it a priority to offer a comprehensive and competitive benefits package.
- Medical, Dental and Vision
- Short and Long Term Disability
- Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Professional Development
- Continuing Education and more! HealthPRO--/Heritage is a national leading provider of highly skilled Special Education Teachers. We hire Special Education Teachers who share our vision, work diligently, and provide best practices in Special Education that will change children's lives for the better. If you are a passionate, talented teacher who wants to help children across the country, then maybe it is time to look at our company. The primary purpose of the Special Education Teacher is to plan for student success based on assessed needs of individual students in a school setting. The goal is to help students by using data and information to determine each student's current knowledge and skill level, set student learning goals, and assess student progress within an educational model of practice. Qualifications:
- Must hold a current license to practice in the state of Virgina
- Have successful experience working with culturally diverse families.
- Assumes responsibility for ongoing continuing education and professional development Responsibilities:
- Consult and collaborate with School staff and families in regards to students' educational deficits
- Conduct initial screenings as well as comprehensive evaluations Participate in the IEP process in developing present levels of performance, goals and objectives, and treatment recommendations for students qualifying for Special Education services
- Provide Special Education sessions through the use of current best practices based on prescribed services in the IEP
- Maintain all documentation required by the district including, but not limited to, notes, monthly summaries, and annual IEP's Looking forward to speaking with you! Kerri Ann Kerley, Recruitment - Pediatric Division, School Team Call: Text: Email: Responsibilities Special education teachers typically do the following: --- Assess students skills to determine their needs and to develop teaching plans --- Adapt lessons to meet the needs of students --- Develop Individualized Education Programs (IEPs) for each student --- Plan, organize, and assign activities that are specific to each students abilities --- Teach and mentor students as a class, in small groups, and one-on-one --- Implement IEPs, assess students' performance, and track their progress --- Update IEPs throughout the school year to reflect students' progress and goals --- Discuss students' progress with parents, teachers, counselors, and administrators --- Supervise and mentor teacher assistants who work with students with disabilities --- Prepare and help students transition from grade to grade and after graduation Qualifications Special education teachers in public schools are required to have at least a bachelor's degree and a state-issued certification or license Most states require a degree specifically in special education. License All states require teachers in public schools to be licensed. Most states require teachers to pass a background check. Teachers may be required to complete annual professional development classes or a masters degree to maintain their license. Many states offer general licenses in special education that allow teachers to work with students with a variety of disabilities. Recruiter : Email Address
Keywords: HealthPRO Management Services, Inc., Danville , School Special Education Teacher, Education / Teaching , Danville, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!