Site Reliability Engineer
Company: Fidelity Investments
Posted on: November 17, 2022
Job Description: We are looking for a self-driven engineer whose
initial focus will be supporting the development processes
including version control, software builds, containerization, Agile
development practices, CI/CD, DevOps and developing process
automations in native cloud environments. Additionally, you will
help scale our growing public cloud presence. Fidelity's Site
Reliability Engineers work with our cloud platform teams to deliver
reliable runtimes for Fidelity's business critical workloads. -
This team is responsible for cross-cutting cloud management
capabilities and are the experts on the state of Fidelity's cloud
platforms at any moment. The team comes from diverse technical
backgrounds, and the responsibilities provide opportunity for a
variety of challenges that require engineers to work on software
and systems challenges. Ideal candidates will have a background in
either software engineering or systems engineering with a desire to
learn the other or previous experience as an SRE. - As a Site
Reliable Engineering in the Cloud domain, you will have the
opportunity to shape the cloud operations that support over 30
million investors and their financial futures.
- The -Expertise -You Have -
- Bachelor's degree or higher in a technology related field
(e.g., Engineering, Computer Science, etc.) required, Master's
degree a plus.
- 3 to 4 years of hands-on experience deploying and/or supporting
highly distributed multi-tiered systems at scale.
- Hands-on experience with Public Cloud environments, preferably
AWS and Azure. Certifications a plus.
- Hands-on experience with container orchestration, preferably
- Collaboration and Relationships - Ability to work with a
variety of individuals and groups, both in person and virtually, in
a constructive and collaborative manner and build and maintain
effective relationships. The -Skills -You Bring -
- General understanding/experience of networking, virtualization,
storage, containers, and serverless.
- Experience with Linux systems, ideally with experience in
- Ability to automate with various scripting languages (Python,
Shell scripting, etc.).
- Experience managing systems using infrastructure as code tools
(IAM, ARM, Terraform, Chef).
- Demonstrated ability to utilize modern monitoring tools
(DataDog, Prometheus, Splunk).
- Proficiency with CI/CD tools, especially Jenkins.
- Ability to triage, execute root cause analysis, and be decisive
- Experience managing and interpreting large datasets using query
languages and visualization tools.
- Ability to think in systems and apply technical and
non-technical problem solving.
- Proficient communication skills with an ability to reach both
technical and non-technical audience.
- Desire to call yourself a Site Reliability Engineer and a
commitment to reducing toil. The -Value -You Deliver
- Help define and execute a comprehensive cloud reliability and
observability strategy, ensuring that Fidelity's cloud systems are
always available when our customers need them.
- Bring together technical, procedural, and financial data to
reduce toil and increase efficiency
- You will execute plans for technical standardization and
process refinement within the engineering organization.
- Troubleshoot stack-wide engineering issues related to hardware,
software, network, applications, and cloud service providers.
- Take part in peer code reviews providing qualitative feedback
and facilitate and learning environment through equitable exchange
- Coach peer SREs and development teams on how to build highly
available cloud systems. Certifications: Company Overview Fidelity
Investments is a privately held company with a mission -to
strengthen the financial well-being of our clients. -We help people
invest and plan for their future. We assist companies and
non-profit organizations in delivering benefits to their employees.
And we provide institutions and independent advisors with
investment and technology solutions to help invest their own
Join Us At Fidelity, you'll find endless opportunities to build a
meaningful career that positively impacts peoples' lives, including
yours. You can take advantage of flexible benefits that support you
through every stage of your career, empowering you to thrive at
work and at home. Honored with a -Glassdoor Employees' Choice
Award, we have been recognized by our employees as a Best Place to
Work in 2022. And you don't need a finance background to succeed at
Fidelity-we offer a range of opportunities for learning so you can
build the career you've always imagined. Many of our associates are
continuing to work remotely temporarily due to COVID-19. When
Fidelity employees eventually return to the office, our goal is for
most people to work flexibly in a way that balances both personal
and business needs with time onsite and offsite through what we're
calling "Dynamic Working." We invite you to -Find Your Fidelity -at
Fidelity Investments is an equal opportunity employer. We believe
that the most effective way to attract, develop and retain a
diverse workforce is to build an enduring culture of inclusion and
belonging. Fidelity will reasonably accommodate applicants with
disabilities who need adjustments to participate in the application
or interview process. To initiate a request for an accommodation,
contact the HR Accommodation Team by sending an email to
-accommodations @fmr.com, or by calling 800-835-5099, prompt 2,
option 3. We welcome those with experience in jobs such as Software
Developer, Computer Technician, and Computer User Support
Specialist and others in the Computers and Technology to
Keywords: Fidelity Investments, Danville , Site Reliability Engineer, Engineering , Danville, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!