Clinic Medical Director- FP/IM, Sign-On, Competitive Salary!
Company: Valor Healthcare, Inc.
Posted on: January 15, 2022
Description:About UsOur mission is simple: to provide quality
healthcare to America's veterans through our healingfocus, indebted
hearts, and tireless resolve.Valor Healthcare operates more than 30
VA Community Based Outpatient Clinics (CBOCs) inthe United States
as a contractor for the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs. Valor
provides afull range of medical services to veterans through the
operation of CBOCs, tailored to meet thespecific needs of local VA
medical centers. Our comprehensive set of services includes
primarycare, diagnostics, laboratory, telehealth, behavioral
health, and more.About YouValor is different because of our
people.Our leadership team is comprised of veterans and clinician
leaders dedicated to providing exceptional care and a world-class
patient experience for our Nation's Heroes.Many of our colleagues
have veterans in their families or are veterans themselves,
resulting in an individual commitment to customer service that is
second to none.Position SummaryThe Clinic Medical Director (CMD) is
responsible for all clinical aspects of their individual CBOC. The
physician diagnoses and treats diseases and injuries of human
internal organ systems and delivers preventive treatment of primary
care needs, including chronic disease management, of patients
through routine physical examination and testing.Core
- Actively participate and oversee the diagnoses and treatment of
- Manage day to day medical operations, ensure high quality
clinical expectations, and provide exceptional customer
- Achieve and maintain excellent clinical outcomes through
periodic chart reviews, direct observation, and by abiding by VA
- Ensure all colleagues provide excellent customer service to
each veteran, both in person and over the phone, as well as to
fellow colleagues and clinic visitors.
- Participate managing the clinic's financial performance.
- Participate in the clinic's outreach events to help support the
clinic's enrollment initiatives.
- Support patient enrollment and retention by providing guidance,
when necessary, regarding scheduling, follow-up visits, or nurse
- Maintain staffing levels consistent with veteran enrollment,
contract terms, and to maintain clinical outcomes.--- Review and
analyze reporting/responsiveness to alerts and notifications.
- Ensure that all clinic metrics are at or above the VA
- Emphasize attracting, coaching, mentoring, and retaining talent
through excellent communication, training, enforcing key
competencies, and performance management, when required.
- Develop and maintain a positive, collaborative working
relationship with our VA partners, ensuring that the Regional
Medical Director is kept informed of any significant issues.
- Innovate, embrace, and support new initiatives, whether
clinical or operational, and execute on key strategic initiatives
that drive the success of the Valor Business..
- 4+ years clinical medical practice with healthcare management
experience preferred; government healthcare environment preferred;
specific requirements could vary based on individual VA
- Doctor of Medicine or Osteopathic Medicine Degree
- Board certified in family practice or internal medicine
- Must be credentialed and remain in good standing through the
Veterans Health Administration (VA).
- Valid, unrestricted license in the state of desired employment,
or in any U.S. state or territory, depending on VA contractual
- Current certification in Basic Life Support (must be renewed
periodically as specified by the certifying agency - AHA valid for
two years, e.g.) and in ACLS as specified by individual VAMC
- Current, unrestricted Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA)
- Proficiency in written and spoken English
- Excellent computer skills
- Ability to manage, both up and down
- Energetic and optimistic demeanor
- Strong service mentality and a focus on achieving all aspects
of defined service standards
- Ability to resolve colleague, client and patient issues in an
effective and timely mannerQualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender
identity, disability, or protected veteran status.
Keywords: Valor Healthcare, Inc., Danville , Clinic Medical Director- FP/IM, Sign-On, Competitive Salary!, Executive , Danville, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!