Senior Construction Manager - New Farms
Posted on: March 18, 2023
Senior Construction Manager -AeroFarms is seeking a Senior
Construction Manager to help executing our new farm development
projects in Danville VA & St Luis, MO. You can be based in or close
to a number of key project locations. -The world needs our help. By
2050, there will be 9 billion people on the planet with less arable
land than ever before. We need a solution to cultivate more using
less and define the future of farming for generations to come. In
2004, AeroFarms began transforming agriculture with humans and our
planet at the forefront.In 2021, with 20+ current patents, 60+
pending patents, and 200+ invention disclosures, AeroFarms
agriculture technology continues to grow unprecedented sustainable
products, delivering elevated flavor, taste, experience, quality,
access, and unmatched nutrition to you.Here's how we're growing the
best plants possible for the betterment of humanity:
- Researching and understanding plants to be better, more
- Elevating local communities by increasing access to nutritious,
high-quality, consistent, and safe products in a way that's better
for you and the planet
- Protecting and sustaining our environment for future
- Pioneering consistent, and scalable indoor vertical farming
food safety & traceability practices, and manufacturing
- Investing in our AeroFarms humans and fostering our diverse
company culture of inclusion, equity, excellence, teachability and
curiosity]As AeroFarms approaches our next phase of explosive
growth, we seek out creative, motivated humans who will join us in
disrupting industry standards and lead the way in vertical farming,
artificial intelligence, and plant biology breakthroughs to solve,
and tackle global issues.If a team of 200+ intellectually curious
and caring humans, expansive global operations, and our
change-the-world mission resonates with you, apply today:Job
DescriptionThe Senior Construction Manager at AeroFarms is
responsible for implementing the preconstruction, construction,
commissioning and project closeout phases of a development project
with an emphasis on establishing and maintaining project controls
and completing projects in a timely and cost effective manner. - A
significant percentage of their work time is performed in person on
site where the construction is taking place.The Senior Construction
Manager must have demonstrated leadership skills in negotiating,
coordinating and directing work of contractors and subcontractors,
and in developing strong working relationships with general
contractor personnel, subcontractors, inspectors, and other related
parties. - Must have the ability to work through constructability
issues that come up during the construction process while
maintaining budgeted costs.The Senior Construction Manager will
report to the Senior Director of Engineering & Construction and
work closely with the Head of Farm Execution to align deliverables.
- The Senior Construction Manager acts as a Core Team Member and is
accountable for construction oversight to the Farm Execution Core
Team for each new Farm being built.The Senior Construction Manager
will be responsible for maintaining relationships in the
construction community to provide market intelligence as well as
ensure consideration for future business development opportunities.
Other requirements include, but are not limited to, the ability to
organize and manage multiple projects concurrently and effectively,
to manage cost control systems, review and analyze plans,
facilitate the bidding/negotiations/buyout process with a general
contractor, review all forms (bidding, construction, or other) of
requests for information (RFI's), examine and negotiate change
orders, and review and comment on submittals.The Senior
Construction Manager should be generally versed in jurisdictional
and architectural design requirements, applicable codes, as well as
all associated development/construction due diligence reporting
including, but not limited to, environmental, boundary/ALTA survey,
and geotechnical reporting.The successful candidate must be highly
skilled in budgeting and scheduling with strong verbal and writing
skills. Having experience in food processing or data-center
projects, especially in preconstruction and project closeout, is a
plus. - The Senior Construction Manager will typically work on
multiple projects simultaneously and must be able to work in a
fast-paced, multi-task environment, balancing competing priorities
and multiple project assignments.Duties & Responsibilities
- Facilitate the development of cost estimates that include
conceptual estimates prior to design as well as detailed time and
materials estimates from design documents.
- Facilitate the development of pre-bid CPM schedules from design
- Analyze monthly construction contractor CPM schedule updates;
develop progress payments based on schedule updates; assist with
- Maintain company database relative to market conditions labor
rates affecting job costs as well as projections required for deal
- -Strong communication skills, both oral and written.
- Independently write reports and correspondence for a wide range
of stakeholders: from contractors to executive level.
- Develop complex spreadsheets and charts in Microsoft Excel and
reports in Microsoft Word.
- Client/business development experience.
- Occasionally, develop and make presentations to groups to
include clients and public meetings.Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree in a field related to construction (i.e.,
engineering, architecture, construction), or equivalent industry
- Minimum of ten (10) years of experience in construction with
emphasis in complex, fast- track, or phased project delivery.
- High degree of demonstrated organizational skills and
problem-solving ability, specifically the ability to access
resources inside and outside of the company.
- Respect for details and the ability to execute at a high level
with significant independence.
- Ability to prioritize and execute tasks to achieve both
corporate and project goals.
- Articulate communication skills - verbal, pictorial, numerical
- as relevant to the development process.
- Strategic thinking, demonstrated by ability to develop
strategies to achieve organizational goals; understanding of
organization's strengths & weaknesses; accurate and thorough
analyses of costs and market conditions; identification of external
issues and opportunities; and adaptation of strategy to changing
- Business acumen, demonstrated by understanding of busines
simplications of decisions; orientation to profitability; knowledge
of market and competition; and alignment of work with strategic
- Superior negotiating skills and a personable negotiator.
- Leadership skills, demonstrated by confidence in self and
others; ability to inspire and motivate others to perform well; and
ability to effectively influence actions and opinions of
- Problem solving expertise, demonstrated by identifying and
resolving problems in a timely manner; working with others to solve
- Interpersonal skills, demonstrated by considering and
responding appropriately to the needs and capabilities of different
people in different situations; tactfulness; treating others with
respect; and relating effectively to others when encountering
- Strong computer skills in Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel,
PowerPoint; scheduling software such as MS Project, Primavera, or
- LEED accreditation a plus.Cultural Norms In addition to the
above criteria, expects all employees to contribute to a culture of
excellence, exemplified by the following.
- Prepare and manage detailed project budgets and schedules.
- Manage cashflows per plan.
- Identify risks early and present well thought out corrective
- Consistently meet deadlines, which may require additional hours
beyond a standard work day.
- Able to be on site working from construction location for
majority part of the work week each week.
- -Focus on improving the product to improve the bottom
- Communicate clearly and frequently with colleagues on relevant
information and how colleagues fit into your project
- Understand how daily work impacts key corporate performance
indicators and profitability, prioritizing work accordingly.
- Manage resources efficiently.
- Identify necessary additional resources to achieve
- Request guidance and support from team members when needed and
offer guidance/support when needed.
- Track information needed to manage projects and use this
information as basis for corporate and investment reporting.
- Constantly work to develop additional business
- Working collaboratively as a Core Team Member under a Matrix
Organization that relies on functional leaders acting within these
empowered teams to deliver on Company Strategy and Performance
- Collaboration - -we know we cannot fix the worlds problems as
an individual, we have to work together as a team to make that
happen. Teamwork is how we get there! -
- Communication -- we are a small company (in relative terms -
200 employees), we work well together because we communicate well
with each other. -You must demonstrate why our mission is important
to you: everyone who works at AeroFarms has a strong link to the
mission: we want to hear why it means something to you!
- Agility -- What we do has never been done before: we are an
innovation company, there is no right or wrong way to do things, we
constantly develop how we operate, we can always elevate what we
are doing and never claim to have it right. -
- Accountability -- we don't micromanage, we hire individuals who
know what they need to do and can do so with minimal direction and
take ownership of their projects and deadlines. -
- Respect - -We are already starting our journey scaling around
the world: we want our team to represent every kind of individual
out on plant earth and we need to respect different people,
different ideas, different cultures etc. We can learn so much from
each other, but respect is key
- Empowerment - -we provide an environment for growth and
development: we need your help to develop our business, we will
help you develop in your career, and sky is the limit given our
growth plans!! -*Please note that AeroFarms does not work with any
external staffing/recruitment vendors. Any unsolicited resumes
shared with the AeroFarms team will be considered property of
AeroFarms and no recruitment fees of any kind will be paid or owed
unless an existing recruitment agreement exists alongside with
specific engagement for the role in question.Powered by JazzHR
Keywords: AeroFarms, Danville , Senior Construction Manager - New Farms, Executive , Danville, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...