Project Management Specialist - Center for Forensic Science
Company: RTI International
Posted on: September 23, 2019
The Center for Forensic Science (CFS) leads programs that enhance
the effectiveness and reliability of forensic science organizations
and related practitioner communities. In partnership with a diverse
array of collaborators in industry and academia, CFS manages
programs in research, training, technical assistance, technology
transfer, proficiency testing, sexual assault response, and
laboratory oversight. CFS staff work directly with forensic service
providers to improve the quality and reliability of support they
provide to the public. More broadly, CFS engages with governments
and policy leaders to implement evidence-based innovations to
maximize the positive impact of forensic science. CFS research
includes discipline-specific initiatives in forensic toxicology,
impression evidence, and crime scene investigation, as well as the
development of national recommendations, training, and data
analysis for public crime laboratories, workplace drug testing, and
medicolegal death investigation.
CFS is seeking a PROJECT MANAGEMENT SPECIALIST to work with RTI
Project Teams and Senior Project Managers to help develop and
monitor project plans related to: resources, timeline, project
staffing, subcontracts, quality, risk, metrics, reporting, and
other contractual requirements. Help ensure quality of
client-facing communications and deliverables. Help coordinate
project logistics and documentation to ensure contractual
compliance. Develop content in collaboration with multidisciplinary
colleagues across RTI and with external collaborators. Work with
clients, RTI Project Teams and contractors to develop and manage
project timelines and schedules to manage project deliverables.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
* Work with RTI Project Teams and Senior Project Managers to
develop and monitor overall project management plans to
* risk assessment
* documentation and reporting
* contractual requirements
* Support the Project Team in fulfilling contractual requirements
under the direction of a Senior Project Manager.
* Develop innovative solutions for project efficiency and workflow
* Maintain and update online databases, workflow processes, and
collaborative project sites.
* Correspond by telephone and email with participants of programs
in order resolve issues encountered.
* Collaborate with specialized scientific and technical experts to
complete research, development, test, and evaluation projects.
* Help develop/author client-facing communications, such as project
reports, notes, meeting summaries, and briefings.
* Edit project deliverables for organization, grammar, style,
format, and consistency
* Assist with managing contractual compliance activities.
* Manage logistics, development of agenda and meeting documentation
for project meetings and events.
* Coordinate publication support of professional documents produced
for external and internal stakeholders, including but not limited
to journal articles, presentation materials, guidelines documents,
newsletters, and social media.
* Coordinate the preparation of illustrative materials, including
graphics, charts and infographics.
* Help coordinate collaborative activities and establishing
partnerships with other professional organizations for the purpose
of dissemination and promotion of project related deliverables in
the criminal justice, forensic science and public safety
* Maintain awareness and understanding of new software and
technologies related to overall project management.
* Maintain relevant technical awareness and understanding of
* Maintain a strong client focus and develop an eye for innovation
(i.e. exploring/evaluating existing and new technologies) in
day-to-day research activities.
* Capitalize on every project assignment as a marketing opportunity
by portraying the business unit (i.e., division, center, etc.) and
RTI in the best possible light with internal and external clients,
* Develop skills and increase competency/efficiency by taking
advantage of on-the-job training provided by more experienced
staff. Develop knowledge of technological innovations and policy
development in forensic science and the overall criminal justice
* Assume responsibility for documenting and updating standard
operating procedures (SOPs) and processes.
* Adhere to best practices defined by task leaders and
* Bachelor's degree and 1 year of relevant experience; OR High
School Diploma and 5 years of related experience
* Excellent knowledge of MS Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, Excel and
Adobe Creative Suite
* Experience with Microsoft Teams, Smartsheet, Microsoft Project,
or other project management software
* Sensitivity to deadlines and production targets while flexible
enough to deal effectively with changes in the situation requiring
quick adjustments in work plans
* Ability to multi-task.
* Positive attitude and willingness to embrace change
* Ability to work well with others
* Ability to listen and communicate well both verbally and in
* Ability to work independently
* Attention to detail and accuracy
* Ability to handle the stress associated in meeting frequent,
multiple and tight deadlines
* Ability to work in excess of 40 hours per week as workload and
deadlines may require
* Ability to obtain proper security clearances as noted by
* To qualify, applicants must be legally authorized to work in the
United States and should not require, now or in the future,
sponsorship for employment visa status
* Experience with Wordpress, Sharepoint, and other online website
and collaboration tools is preferred
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity,
national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or
any other characteristic protected by law. Further information is
Keywords: RTI International, Danville , Project Management Specialist - Center for Forensic Science, Executive , Durham, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!