Clinic Medical Director- VA Outpatient Clinic- Competitive Salary! Danville VA
Company: Valor Healthcare, Inc
Posted on: May 12, 2022
Family Practice-Without OB opening in Danville, Virginia. This
and other physician jobs brought to you by DocCafe.com
Our mission is simple: to provide quality healthcare to America's
veterans through our healing
focus, indebted hearts, and tireless resolve.
Valor Healthcare operates more than 50 VA Community Based
Outpatient Clinics (CBOCs) in
the United States as a contractor for the U.S. Department of
Veterans Affairs. Valor provides a
full range of medical services to veterans through the operation of
CBOCs, tailored to meet the
specific needs of local VA medical centers. Our comprehensive set
of services includes primary
care, diagnostics, laboratory, telehealth, behavioral health, and
Valor is different because of our people.
Our leadership team is comprised of veterans and clinician leaders
dedicated to providing exceptional care and a world-class patient
experience for our Nation's Heroes.
Many of our colleagues have veterans in their families or are
veterans themselves, resulting in an individual commitment to
customer service that is second to none.
The Clinic Medical Director (CMD) is responsible for all clinical
aspects of their individual CBOC. The physician diagnoses and
treats diseases and injuries of human internal organ systems and
delivers preventive treatment of primary care needs, including
chronic disease management, of patients through routine physical
examination and testing.
- Actively participate and oversee the diagnoses and treatment of
- Manage day to day medical operations, ensure high quality
clinical expectations, and provide exceptional customer
- Achieve and maintain excellent clinical outcomes through
periodic chart reviews, direct observation, and by abiding by VA
- Ensure all colleagues provide excellent customer service to
each veteran, both in person and over the phone, as well as to
fellow colleagues and clinic visitors.
- Participate managing the clinic's financial
- Participate in the clinic's outreach events to help support the
clinic's enrollment initiatives.
- Support patient enrollment and retention by providing guidance,
when necessary, regarding scheduling, follow-up visits, or nurse
- Maintain staffing levels consistent with veteran enrollment,
contract terms, and to maintain clinical outcomes.• Review and
analyze reporting/responsiveness to alerts and
- Ensure that all clinic metrics are at or above the VA
- Emphasize attracting, coaching, mentoring, and retaining talent
through excellent communication, training, enforcing key
competencies, and performance management, when required.
- Develop and maintain a positive, collaborative working
relationship with our VA partners, ensuring that the Regional
Medical Director is kept informed of any significant
- Innovate, embrace, and support new initiatives, whether
clinical or operational, and execute on key strategic initiatives
that drive the success of the Valor Business.
- 4+ years clinical medical practice with healthcare management
experience preferred; government healthcare environment preferred;
specific requirements could vary based on individual VA
- Doctor of Medicine or Osteopathic Medicine Degree
- Board certified in family practice or internal
- Must be credentialed and remain in good standing through the
Veterans Health Administration (VA).
- Valid, unrestricted license in the state of desired employment,
or in any U.S. state or territory, depending on VA contractual
- Current certification in Basic Life Support (must be renewed
periodically as specified by the certifying agency – AHA valid for
two years, e.g.) and in ACLS as specified by individual VAMC
- Current, unrestricted Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA)
- Proficiency in written and spoken English
- Excellent computer skills
- Ability to manage, both up and down
- Energetic and optimistic demeanor
- Strong service mentality and a focus on achieving all aspects
of defined service standards
- Ability to resolve colleague, client, and patient issues in an
effective and timely manner
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin,
sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected
Keyphrases: family medicine jobs, family practice jobs, family
practitioner jobs, family medicine specialist jobs
Keywords: Valor Healthcare, Inc, Danville , Clinic Medical Director- VA Outpatient Clinic- Competitive Salary! Danville VA, Healthcare , Danville, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!