RN - ICU - PRN I
Company: Sovah Health - Martinsville
Posted on: September 18, 2023
Registered Nurse - ICU PRN Level I (Minimum 1 shift/pay period,
1 weekend shift/month based on staffing needs, 1 holiday/year)***
Minimum 18 months RN hospital experience *** Position Summary:
- Performs plan of care intervention, including medication
administration, specimen collection, clinical treatments, as well
as other medical care treatment .
- Documents patient care given.
- Monitors, records, and communicates patient condition as
appropriate to care team, physician, patient, and family.
- Detects change in patient status, reports to appropriate health
care team member and utilizes resources as dictated by the acuity.
Assigns priorities to the patients problems with highest priority
given to problems that are most urgent and critical.
- Assists patients with performing activities of daily living,
including personal hygiene, elimination, nutrition, and ambulation.
- Collaborates as needed across disciplines to coordinate patient
care, including patient transfer, discharge, referral and
spiritual/psychosocial support needs.
- Evaluates learning needs of patient and/or family and provides
patient/family education appropriate to age, culture, condition,
- Works as an advocate for the physical and emotional well-being
of the patient. Who We Are: People are our passion and purpose.
Come work where you are appreciated for who you are not just what
you can do. Licensed for 220 beds, SOVAH Health Martinsville, is a
full service, acute-care hospital providing over 22 medical
specialties. Among the services we offer are a home health &
hospice agency, advanced wound healing center, cardiac
rehabilitation center, two cardiac catheterization labs, and
medical & radiation oncology services. Where We Are: In
Martinsville, you can explore culture and arts, enjoy kayaking or
hiking and so much more in the foothills of the Blue Ridge
Mountains. From the river to the racetrack, we offer plenty of
activities to guarantee that you and your family have a fun filled
and safe place to live! Why Choose Us:
- Health (Medical, Dental, Vision) and 401K Benefits for
- Competitive Paid Time Off / Extended Illness Bank package for
- Employee Assistance Program mental, physical, and financial
- Tuition Reimbursement/ Assistance for qualified applicants
- Professional development and Growth opportunities
- And much more Minimum Qualifications:
- Current licensure as a Registered Nurse from the Virginia State
Board of Nursing or a Compact State.
- Previous experience in acute care hospital setting preferred.
Requirements will include successful completion of orientation
checklist, pharmacology exam, and skills/credentials/competency
requirements of specific unit.
- Requires critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the
ability to work with minimal supervision. Must be able to work in a
stressful environment and take appropriate actio n .
- Verbal ability to present information and ideas related to
nursing theory and practice. Ability to accept responsibility and
accountability to prescribe, delegate, and coordinate nursing care
provided on assigned units as required with leadership
- Requires the cognitive ability and practical ability to provide
nursing care appropriate to the patient population assigned,
considering patient age, growth and development, and diagnosis with
full implementation of the nursing process to include
Assessment/Reassessment, Nursing Diagnosis, Planning,
Implementation, and Evaluation.
- AHA Basic Life Support (BLS) required .
- AHA Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support (ACLS) required within
one year of employment. EEOC Statement: SOVAH Health - Martinsville
is committed to providing Equal Employment Opportunities for all
applicants and employees and complies with all applicable laws
prohibiting discrimination against any employee or applicant for
employment because of color, race, sex, age, religion, national
origin, disability, genetic information, gender identity, sexual
orientation, veterans' status or any other basis protected by
applicable federal, state or local law. Equal opportunity and
affirmative action employers and are looking for diversity in
candidates for employment: Minority/Female/Disabled/Protected
Keywords: Sovah Health - Martinsville, Danville , RN - ICU - PRN I, Healthcare , Martinsville, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!