RN - Medical / Surgical / Telemetry - PRN IV
Company: Sovah Health - Martinsville
Posted on: September 19, 2023
Registered Nurse - Medical/Surgical/Telemetry
PRN Tier IV (Minimum 3 shifts/week, 4 wkds/month, 3
holidays/year-minimum 2 major holidays)
Must have 18 months RN hospital experience for this position
- Provides direct patient care to patients using the nursing
process in accordance with applicable scope and standards of
- Performs plan of care intervention, including medication
administration, specimen collection, clinical treatments, as well
as other medical care treatment .
- Documents patient care given.
- Monitors, records, and communicates patient condition as
appropriate to care team, physician, patient, and family.
- Detects change in patient status, reports to appropriate health
care team member and utilizes resources as dictated by the
- Assigns priorities to the patient's problems with highest
priority given to problems that are most urgent and critical.
- Assists patients with performing activities of daily living,
including personal hygiene, elimination, nutrition, and
- Collaborates as needed across disciplines to coordinate patient
care, including patient transfer, discharge, referral and
spiritual/psychosocial support needs.
- Evaluates learning needs of patient and/or family and provides
patient/family education appropriate to age, culture, condition,
- Works as an advocate for the physical and emotional well-being
of the patient. Who We Are:
People are our passion and purpose. Come work where you are
appreciated for who you are not just what you can do. Licensed for
220 beds, SOVAH Health - Martinsville, is a full service,
acute-care hospital providing over 22 medical specialties. Among
the services we offer are a home health & hospice agency, advanced
wound healing center, cardiac rehabilitation center, two cardiac
catheterization labs, and medical & radiation oncology
Where We Are:
In Martinsville, you can explore culture and arts, enjoy kayaking
or hiking and so much more in the foothills of the Blue Ridge
Mountains. From the river to the racetrack, we offer plenty of
activities to guarantee that you and your family have a fun filled
and safe place to live!
Why Choose Us:
- Health (Medical, Dental, Vision) and 401K Benefits for
- Competitive Paid Time Off / Extended Illness Bank package for
- Employee Assistance Program - mental, physical, and financial
- Tuition Reimbursement/ Assistance for qualified applicants
- Professional development and Growth opportunities
- And much more
- Current licensure as a Registered Nurse from the Virginia State
Board of Nursing or a Compact State.
- AHA BLS certification required .
- Previous experience in acute care hospital setting preferred.
Requirements will include successful completion of orientation
checklist, pharmacology exam, and skills/credentials/competency
requirements of specific unit.
- Requires critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the
ability to work with minimal supervision. Must be able to work in a
stressful environment and take appropriate action .
- Verbal ability to present information and ideas related to
nursing theory and practice. Ability to accept responsibility and
accountability to prescribe, delegate, and coordinate nursing care
provided on assigned units as required with leadership
- Requires the cognitive ability and practical ability to provide
nursing care appropriate to the patient population assigned,
considering patient age, growth and development, and diagnosis with
full implementation of the nursing process to include
Assessment/Reassessment, Nursing Diagnosis, Planning,
Implementation, and Evaluation.
SOVAH Health - Martinsville is committed to providing Equal
Employment Opportunities for all applicants and employees and
complies with all applicable laws prohibiting discrimination
against any employee or applicant for employment because of color,
race, sex, age, religion, national origin, disability, genetic
information, gender identity, sexual orientation, veterans' status
or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state or local
Equal opportunity and affirmative action employers and are looking
for diversity in candidates for employment:
Keywords: Sovah Health - Martinsville, Danville , RN - Medical / Surgical / Telemetry - PRN IV, Healthcare , Martinsville, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!