Surgical Tech I - Day Shift
Company: Sovah Health - Danville
Posted on: November 14, 2023
Who We Are:People are our passion and purpose. Come to work
where you are appreciated for who you are not just what you can do.
SOVAH Health - Danville is a 250-bed hospital with the region's
only designated Chest Pain Center & Certified Advanced Primary
Stroke Center. We are an academic teaching site for residents,
medical students, nurses, nurse practitioners, pharmacists, and
physician assistants. -Where We Are:From our beautiful rolling
countryside to our thriving downtown, Danville offers big city
amenities with quaint, small-town charm. We are home to a thriving
arts and entertainment scene, numerous local restaurants and shops,
diverse educational institutions, and vast recreational
opportunities. -Why Choose Us: - Health (Medical, Dental, Vision)
and 401K Benefits for full-time employees - Competitive Paid Time
Off / Extended Illness Bank package for full-time employees -
Employee Assistance Program - mental, physical, and financial
wellness assistance - Tuition Reimbursement/Assistance for
qualified applicants - Professional development, Growth
opportunities, and Mentor-based training - And much more--- -
-Position Summary:Sovah Health in Danville, VA. is seeking a Full
Time Surgical Technician I. The Surgery Tech will:
- Facilitates the safe and efficient performance of surgical
- Delivers customer-focused quality care, under the supervision
of the RN.
- Functions as a member of the surgical team and performs scrub
duties, which facilitates the work of the surgeon.
- Prepares surgical operating suite with drapes, solutions,
instruments, equipment and supplies.
- Ensures good working order of equipment and instruments.
- Uses all equipment and instruments according to manufacturer's
-instructions and SHD policy and procedures.
- Assists with preparing, transporting, positioning, and draping
- Provides equipment and supplies based on patient needs as well
as anticipates needs of surgeon; passes instruments to physician
- Utilizes aseptic technique per AORN standards while maintaining
a sterile field.
- Initiates corrective action when breaks in technique
- Continually accounts for number and location of instruments and
supplies during surgery.
- Receives and processes specimens for delivery to the
Minimum Qualifications:Minimum Education
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Graduate of a Program in Surgical Technology preferred.
- Requires critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the
ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Must be able to work in a stressful environment and take
- Heartsaver CPR American Heart Association (AHA) required.
- Licensed by the Virginia Board of Medicine as a Surgical Tech
-Minimum Work Experience
- One (1) year clinical experience in a hospital OR preferred.
-EEOC Statement:SOVAH Health - Danville is committed to providing
Equal Employment Opportunities for all applicants and employees and
complies with all applicable laws prohibiting discrimination
against any employee or applicant for employment because of color,
race, sex, age, religion, national origin, disability, genetic
information, gender identity, sexual orientation, veterans' status
or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state or local
Equal opportunity and affirmative action employers and are looking
for diversity in candidates for employment:
Keywords: Sovah Health - Danville, Danville , Surgical Tech I - Day Shift, Healthcare , Danville, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!