Medical Technologist - 3rd shift
Company: Sovah Health - Martinsville
Posted on: November 14, 2023
Martinsville, VA.Who We Are:People are our passion and purpose.
Come to work where you are appreciated for who you are not just
what you can do. Licensed for 220 beds, SOVAH Health - Martinsville
is a full service, acute-care hospital providing over 22 medical
specialties. Among the services we offer are a home health &
hospice agency, advanced wound healing center, cardiac
rehabilitation center, two cardiac catheterization labs, and
medical & radiation oncology services. - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
- - - - - - - -Where We Are: - - - - - - In Martinsville, explore
culture and arts; enjoy kayaking or hiking and so much more in the
foothills of the Blue Ridge Mountains. From the river to the
racetrack, we offer plenty of activities to guarantee that you and
your family have a fun-filled time! - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
- - - - - - - Why Choose Us: - Health (Medical, Dental, Vision) and
401K Benefits for full-time employees - Competitive Paid Time Off /
Extended Illness Bank package for full-time employees - Employee
Assistance Program - mental, physical, and financial wellness
assistance - Tuition Reimbursement/Assistance for qualified
applicants - Professional development, Growth opportunities, and
Mentor-based training - And much more--- -SOVAH Health in
Martinsville, VA., is seeking a full-time Medical Technologist to
perform diagnostic testing on patient samples to aid physicians in
the diagnosis and/or monitoring of various disease states.
- Verifies patient and specimen identification before performing
- Follows standardized procedures and helps prepare samples for
- Follows specimen rejection policies and procedures.
- Collects samples and analyze bodily fluids and substances for
abnormalities. Collects blood and study blood samples used in
- Operates laboratory equipment in a high-quality, effective
- Analyzes test results for accuracy, acceptability, and critical
limits, and reports/documents results per organizational
- Performs automated tests using computerized instruments &
- Performs manual tests based on detailed instructions from a
- Runs tests and analyzes the results to be reported to the
patient, physician or registered nurse.
- Performs Quality Assurance work to ensure accuracy of
- Maintains technical knowledge and problem solving skills to
resolve instrumentation, testing, or QC problems
- Resolves technical problems and ensures that remedial actions
are taken whenever test systems deviate from policies and
- Establishes and monitors quality control programs under
technical supervisor's direction.
- Sets up new procedures and instrumentation under technical
- Utilizes the laboratory and hospital QA/PI plans to continually
improve processes and designs.
- Maintains sufficient inventory of supplies and takes steps to
- Assists with the teaching and training of new employees and may
be designated to verify competencies.
- Assists supervisor with management of operations, human
resources, and finances.
- Bachelor of Science or MT Degree with medical technology
clinical training, preferred. -Required Skills:
- Requires critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the
ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Must be able to work in a stressful environment and take
appropriate action. -Required Certifications:
- MT(ASCP), MLS(ASCP) AMT, (NCA or HEW MT certification accepted
prior 2010); certification preferred.
Typical Physical Demands:
- May require extended periods of standing or sitting. Some
bending, stooping, or stretching is required. May require lifting
and carrying 5-25 pounds.
- Requires full range of motion including eye-hand coordination
and manual dexterity.
- Requires corrected vision and hearing within normal
- Requires ability to communicate and interact with others in
person and on the phone.
- Requires high degree of mental alertness and the ability to
handle a high degree of stress and/or irregular work hours.
Equal opportunity and affirmative action employers and are looking
for diversity in candidates for employment:
Keywords: Sovah Health - Martinsville, Danville , Medical Technologist - 3rd shift, Healthcare , Martinsville, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!