Company: Sovah Health - Danville
Posted on: November 14, 2023
SOVAH Health - DanvilleWho We Are:People are our passion and
purpose. Come work where you are appreciated for who you are not
just what you can do. SOVAH Health - Danville is a 250 bed hospital
with the region's only designated Chest Pain Center & Certified
Advanced Primary Stroke Center. We are an academic teaching site
for residents, medical students, nurses, nurse practitioners,
pharmacists, and physician assistants.Where We Are:From our
beautiful rolling countryside to our thriving downtown, Danville
offers big city amenities with quaint, small town charm. We are
home to a thriving arts and entertainment scene, numerous local
restaurants and shops, diverse educational institutions, and vast
recreational opportunities.Why Choose Us: - Health (Medical,
Dental, Vision) and 401K Benefits for full-time employees -
Competitive Paid Time Off / Extended Illness Bank package for
full-time employees - Employee Assistance Program - mental,
physical, and financial wellness assistance - Tuition
Reimbursement/Assistance for qualified applicants - Professional
development, Growth opportunities, and Mentor-based training - And
much more--- -Position Summary:SOVAH Health in Danville, VA., is
seeking a PRN Pharmacist to coordinate and provide the
pharmaceutical care of patients. Interprets physician prescriptions
and medication orders. -Acts as a drug information resource to
patients, medical staff, nursing staff and ancillary department
personnel. -Compounds and dispenses prescribed medications and
other pharmaceuticals for patient care by performing the related
duties, such as kinetic dosing and monitoring with follow up for
optimum medication therapy. - -
- Manages drug therapy protocols as a part of an
- Reviews, interprets and evaluates medication orders to
identify, prevent and resolve potential or actual drug related
- Provides drug information and education or in-service on
medication therapy and medication procedures to medical staff,
healthcare professionals, and patients, and pharmacy students.
- Documents interventions and their outcomes for use in drug
therapy quality improvement efforts.
- Evaluates medication orders for accuracy and completeness prior
to order entry. Checks for accuracy after filling by
- Maintains adequate knowledge of pharmacy automated systems and
- Manages systems for storage, preparation and dispensing of
medicinal agents using appropriate techniques and following
hospital and department policies and procedures and oversees
technical personnel who may by involved with these processes.
- Retrieves, analyzes, evaluates and interprets scientific
literature in order to provide accurate, concise, applicable, and
timely drug information response to healthcare professionals,
patients, and pharmacy students.
- Monitors, evaluates, and intervenes in patient pharmacotherapy
to ensure effective, safe and cost effective patient care.
- Applies clinical pharmacokinetic data to promote effective
economical therapeutic formulary medication regimens.
- Graduate of a Program in Pharmacy required.
- Bachelor's degree required. - Master's degree preferred. Doctor
of Pharmacy preferred. -Required Skills:
- Requires critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the
ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Must be able to work in a stressful environment and take
appropriate action.**Requires flexibility in scheduling and ability
to work all shift patterns including week-ends and holidays to
insure continuity and appropriateness of care to the patients of
Sovah Health Danville.** -Required Licenses:
- Licensure by the Virginia Board of Pharmacy required. -EEOC
Statement:SOVAH Health - Danville is committed to providing Equal
Employment Opportunities for all applicants and employees and
complies with all applicable laws prohibiting discrimination
against any employee or applicant for employment because of color,
race, sex, age, religion, national origin, disability, genetic
information, gender identity, sexual orientation, veterans' status
or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state or local
Equal opportunity and affirmative action employers and are looking
for diversity in candidates for employment:
Keywords: Sovah Health - Danville, Danville , Pharmacist PRN, Healthcare , Danville, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!