Company: Sovah Health - Danville
Posted on: November 14, 2023
SOVAH Health - DanvilleWho We Are:People are our passion and
purpose. Come work where you are appreciated for who you are not
just what you can do. SOVAH Health - Danville is a 250-bed hospital
with the region's only designated Chest Pain Center & Certified
Advanced Primary Stroke Center. We are an academic teaching site
for residents, medical students, nurses, nurse practitioners,
pharmacists, and physician assistants.Where We Are: - - - - - -
From our beautiful rolling countryside to our thriving downtown,
Danville offers big city amenities with quaint, small town charm.
We are home to a thriving art and entertainment scene, numerous
local restaurants and shops, diverse educational institutions, and
vast recreational opportunities.Why Choose Us: - Health (Medical,
Dental, Vision) and 401K Benefits for full-time employees -
Competitive Paid Time Off / Extended Illness Bank package for
full-time employees - Employee Assistance Program - mental,
physical, and financial wellness assistance - Tuition
Reimbursement/Assistance for qualified applicants - Professional
development, Growth opportunities, and Mentor-based training - And
much more--- - - - -Position Summary:SOVAH Health in Danville, VA.,
is seeking a full-time Occupational Therapist to provide
occupational therapy services to patients needing to develop,
recover and maintain occupational skills.
- Assesses patient's ability to safely and effectively perform
- Designs the appropriate plan of care, including type and
frequency of treatment.
- Implements the treatment plan using appropriate
- Documents subjective and objective findings of patient
- Monitors and modifies the plan of care as needed and seeks
consultation as necessary.
- Educates the patient and family/caregiver about patient
- Plans and/or assists with patient discharge from therapy
services and treatment setting.
- Provides information regarding appropriate selection/use of
adaptive equipment and support programs.
- Supervises and delegates the care provided by certified
occupational therapy assistants and therapy technicians according
to established licensing laws, state regulations and practice
- Graduate of a Program in Occupational Therapy required.
Bachelor's degree required. -Required Skills:
- Requires critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the
ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Must be able to work in a stressful environment and take
appropriate action.**Requires flexibility in scheduling and ability
to work all shift patterns including week-ends and holidays to
insure continuity of care and appropriateness of therapy coverage
to the patients of Sovah Health Danville on all units.** -Required
- Basic Life Support (BLS) American Heart Association (AHA)
- License from the Virginia State Board of Medicine to practice
Occupational Therapy required.
- Current valid Driver's Licensure required. -EEOC Statement:
-SOVAH Health - Danville is committed to providing Equal Employment
Opportunities for all applicants and employees and complies with
all applicable laws prohibiting discrimination against any employee
or applicant for employment because of color, race, sex, age,
religion, national origin, disability, genetic information, gender
identity, sexual orientation, veterans' status or any other basis
protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Equal opportunity and affirmative action employers and are looking
for diversity in candidates for employment:
Keywords: Sovah Health - Danville, Danville , Occupational Therapist, Healthcare , Danville, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!