Company: Sovah Health - Martinsville
Posted on: November 14, 2023
Martinsville, VA.Who We Are:People are our passion and purpose.
Come to work where you are appreciated for who you are not just
what you can do. Licensed for 220 beds, SOVAH Health - Martinsville
is a full-service, acute-care hospital providing over 22 medical
specialties. Among the services we offer are a home health &
hospice agency, advanced wound healing center, cardiac
rehabilitation center, two cardiac catheterization labs, and
medical & radiation oncology services. - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - Where We Are: - - - - - - In
Martinsville, explore culture and arts; enjoy kayaking or hiking
and so much more in the foothills of the Blue Ridge Mountains. From
the river to the racetrack, we offer plenty of activities to
guarantee that you and your family have a fun-filled time! - - - -
- - - - -Why Choose Us: - Health (Medical, Dental, Vision) and 401K
Benefits for full-time employees - Competitive Paid Time Off /
Extended Illness Bank package for full-time employees - Employee
Assistance Program - mental, physical, and financial wellness
assistance - Tuition Reimbursement/Assistance for qualified
applicants - Professional development, Growth opportunities, and
Mentor-based training - And much more---Position Summary:Sovah
Martinsville is seeking a full-time Pharmacy Technician to provide
distributive pharmacy services, assistance, and support for the
registered pharmacist. -Performs a variety of pharmacy support
duties such as filling floor medication orders, restocking
automatic dispensing machines, restocking nursing station floor
stock orders, and performing necessary Quality Assurance functions
as deemed necessary by the Director of Pharmacy Services.
-Supervises all Junior pharmacy technicians and assigns tasks
necessary to maintain pharmacy operations. Monitors and maintains
good relationships between pharmacists and pharmacy technicians.
-Teaching new pharmacy technicians and pharmacists and reporting
progress to the Director. Ability to order needed products for the
- Assists the pharmacist in providing medication, drug
information, and pharmaceutical services to patients, nurses,
physicians, and other hospital personnel.
- Receives and stores incoming deliveries of medication and
- Refills and maintains automated dispensing systems.
- Fills medication carts on a daily basis; repackages bulk
- Prepares orders, such as intravenous solutions and
- Maintains inventory for the pharmacy department, including the
inventory of supplies, and reorders them accordingly.
- Refills and maintains all pharmacy automation.
- Monitors and documents to ensure all refrigerators, freezers,
and room temperatures are appropriate, as required.
- Restocks, updates, and replaces all drug boxes, trays, and
crash carts in a timely manner.
- Compounding, packing, and labeling medications.
- Process records of medications and supplies dispensed to
patients, compute charges and enter them into the computer.
- Recognizes inappropriate dosing based on available dosage forms
for various age groups to reduce the likelihood of
- Assist with other duties required or assigned by the
- High school diploma or equivalent required.Required Skills:
- Requires critical thinking skills, decisive judgment, and the
ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Must be able to work in a stressful environment and take
*Standing for long periods of time (4-8 hours), lifting and
carrying moderate loads (40 pounds), corrected vision and hearing
within normal ranges, manual dexterity, and mobility to move about
the pharmacy and hospital as needed.*Required
- Certified Pharmacy Technician with the Virginia Board of
Pharmacy required or a licensed Pharmacy Intern recognized by the
Virginia Board of Pharmacy required.EEOC Statement:SOVAH Health -
Martinsville is committed to providing Equal Employment
Opportunities for all applicants and employees and complies with
all applicable laws prohibiting discrimination against any employee
or applicant for employment because of color, race, sex, age,
religion, national origin, disability, genetic information, gender
identity, sexual orientation, veterans' status or any other basis
protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Equal opportunity and affirmative action employers and are looking
for diversity in candidates for employment:
Keywords: Sovah Health - Martinsville, Danville , Pharmacy Technician, Healthcare , Martinsville, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!