Company: Sovah Health - Martinsville
Posted on: November 15, 2023
SOVAH Health - MartinsvilleMartinsville, VA.Who We Are:People
are our passion and purpose. -Come to work where you are
appreciated for who you are not just what you can do. Licensed for
220 beds, SOVAH Health - Martinsville is a full service, acute-care
hospital providing over 22 medical specialties. Among the services
we offer are a home health & hospice agency, advanced wound healing
center, cardiac rehabilitation center, two cardiac catheterization
labs, and medical & radiation oncology services.Where We Are: - - -
- - - In Martinsville, explore culture and arts; enjoy kayaking or
hiking and so much more in the foothills of the Blue Ridge
Mountains. From the river to the racetrack, we offer plenty of
activities to guarantee that you and your family have a fun-filled
time!Why Choose Us:
--- Health (Medical, Dental, Vision) and 401K Benefits for
--- Competitive Paid Time Off / Extended Illness Bank package for
--- Employee Assistance Program - mental, physical, and financial
--- Tuition Reimbursement/Assistance for qualified applicants
--- Professional development, Growth opportunities, and
--- And much more---Position Summary:Sovah Martinsville is seeking
a PRN-Pharmacy Technician to provide distributive pharmacy
services, assistance and support for the registered pharmacist.
-Performs a variety of pharmacy support duties such as filling
floor medication orders, restocking automatic dispensing machines,
restocking nursing station floor stock orders, and performing
necessary Quality Assurances functions as deemed necessary by the
Director of Pharmacy Services. -Supervises all Junior pharmacy
technicians and assigns tasks necessary to maintain pharmacy
operations. Monitors and maintains good relationships between
pharmacists and pharmacy technicians. -Teaching of new pharmacy
technicians and pharmacists and reports progress to the Director.
Ability to order needed products for the pharmacy.
- Assists the pharmacist in providing medication, drug
information and pharmaceutical services to patients, nurses,
physicians and other hospital personnel.
- Receives and stores incoming deliveries of medication and
- Refills and maintains automated dispensing systems.
- Fills medication carts on daily basis; repackages bulk
- Prepares orders, such as intravenous solutions and
- Maintains inventory for the pharmacy department, including the
inventory of supplies and reorders them accordingly.
- Refills and maintains all pharmacy automation.
- Monitors and documents to ensure all refrigerators, freezers
and room temperatures are appropriate, as required.
- Restocks, updates and replaces all drug boxes, trays and crash
carts in a timely manner.
- Compounding, packing and labeling medications.
- Processes records of medications and supplies dispensed to
patients, computes charges and enters them into the computer.
- Recognizes inappropriate dosing based on available dosage forms
for various age groups to reduce the likelihood of
- Assist with other duties required or assigned by the
Keywords: Sovah Health - Martinsville, Danville , Pharmacy Technician-PRN, Healthcare , Martinsville, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!