Medical Lab Technician-PRN
Company: Sovah Health - Danville
Posted on: November 18, 2023
SOVAH Health - DanvilleSOVAH Health - DanvilleWho We Are:People
are our passion and purpose. Come work where you are appreciated
for who you are not just what you can do. SOVAH Health - Danville
is a 250-bed hospital with the region's only designated Chest Pain
Center and Certified Advanced Primary Stroke Center. We are an
academic teaching site for residents, medical students, nurses,
nurse practitioners, pharmacists, and physician assistants.Where We
Are: - - - - - - From our beautiful rolling countryside to our
thriving downtown, Danville offers big city amenities with quaint,
small-town charm. We are home to a thriving art and entertainment
scene, numerous local restaurants and shops, diverse educational
institutions, and vast recreational opportunities.Why Choose
--- Health (Medical, Dental, Vision) and 401K Benefits for
--- Competitive Paid Time Off / Extended Illness Bank package for
--- Employee Assistance Program - mental, physical, and financial
--- Tuition Reimbursement/Assistance for qualified applicants
--- Professional development, Growth opportunities, and
--- And much more--- - - - Position Summary: - - - - - Sovah
Danville is seeking a PRN Medical Lab Technician to perform,
correlate, interpret, and report routine and special, highly
complex laboratory procedures in various sections of the
- Verifies patient and specimen identification before performing
- Performs common testing procedures, and assesses and reports
- Performs test result calculations as necessary.
- Performs and reports waived to highly complex laboratory tests
on patients in accordance with departmental policies and
- Recognizes abnormal, unusual, or unexpected test results
through correlation of data with common physiological
conditions/age of the patient.
- Follows established procedure for reporting critical values;
refers unusual or unexpected results to the supervisor.
- Recognizes the need for and suggests additional laboratory
tests for definitive diagnostic information.
- Consult with the section pathologist as necessary.
- Operates, calibrates, maintains, and checks the performance of
- Performs instrument maintenance and troubleshooting.
- Performs and records all quality control procedures required
for analytical tests, equipment, reagents, media, and
- Evaluate results of quality control and implement and document
appropriate corrective action when indicated.
- Maintains supplies needed for the performance of tests.
- Prepares and labels reagents/media according to prescribed
procedures or from the literature as necessary.
- Provides bench-level instruction as needed for new or less
skilled laboratory personnel.
Keywords: Sovah Health - Danville, Danville , Medical Lab Technician-PRN, Healthcare , Danville, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!