MAINTENANCE MANAGER III - DANVILLE, VA - 1ST SHIFT
Posted on: October 18, 2018
Overview Mohawk Industries is the leading global flooring manufacturer that creates products to enhance residential and commercial spaces around the world. Mohawk's vertically integrated manufacturing and distribution processes provide competitive advantages in the production of carpet, rugs, ceramic tile, laminate, wood, stone and vinyl flooring. Our industry-leading innovation has yielded products and technologies that differentiate our brands in the marketplace and satisfy all remodeling and new construction requirements. Our brands are among the most recognized in the industry and include American Olean, Bigelow, Daltile, Durkan, IVC, Karastan, Marazzi, Mohawk, Pergo, Quick-Step and Unilin. During the past decade, Mohawk has transformed its business from an American carpet manufacturer into the world's largest flooring company with operations in Australia, Brazil, Canada, Europe, India, Malaysia, Mexico, New Zealand, Russia and the United States.*P* Mohawk Industries, Inc offers a comprehensive compensation package that includes a wide variety of benefit options so that individuals can tailor plans that are right for him or her. Benefits include health care with prescription card, dental/vision, disability, life insurance, 401(k) plan with company match, employee purchase discounts, tuition reimbursement for undergraduate and graduate programs and much more. Mohawk Industries, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to an inclusive workplace and a proud Drugs Don't Work participant. EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled Responsibilities
- Ensures equipment optimization within the production process. Analyzes daily progress of overall equipment effectiveness and takes corrective action to minimize equipment downtime and maximize equipment performance. Summarizes performance on a daily, weekly, or monthly basis, including failures, causes, and corrections. Follows up on corrective actions through completion.
- Reviews technical issues and confers with maintenance staff to resolve technical production problems by performing the correct preventive maintenance actions. Operates computer-assisted engineering and design software and equipment to perform engineering tasks.
- Confers with peers and other personnel to implement standard operating procedures, resolve system malfunctions, and provide technical information.
- Assists in writing and teaching process procedures to ensure corrective and preventative actions are taking place. Demonstrates ability to train others effectively. Develops specifications, checklists, and standard work processes.
- Leads the final stages of new product development by testing, troubleshooting, researching, and implementing potential improvements.
- Provides clear and succinct feedback to equipment suppliers on operational problems and needs. Follows solutions through to implementation by active follow up. Sees projects through from concept to documentation phases.
- Directs and oversees all maintenance functions and maintains facility and auxiliary equipment.
- Develops and implements cost reduction ideas and encourages subordinates to do the same. Maintains control of labor costs including approval of maintenance group overtime. Monitors process reliability and implements changes to improve results.
- Oversees work order review meetings and works with production supervision to prioritize and schedule maintenance work to minimize downtime and maximize reliability.
- Insures proper and complete training of all subordinate associates to meet present and future requirements. Develops maintenance group competency and proficiency and insures all aspects of company policy are administered appropriately. Evaluates performance of subordinates and recommends merit pay increases. Assists subordinates, as applicable, with performance evaluations of their direct reports.
- Manages spare parts inventory and purchasing of plant maintenance material.
- Develops and maintains work order and preventive maintenance program.
- Ensures that information is clearly communicated and understood by all.
- Must have strong communication skills and ability to develop teams.
- Uphold plant regulations and principles
- Provide leadership to sequence
- Train and empower team members to utilize their full potential.
- Lead by example and motivate with a positive attitude
- Follow safety procedures, standard operating procedures, and quality policies and regulations Qualifications
- BS degree in mechanical engineering or other relevant field or equivalent experience.
- Knowledge of production processes, quality control concepts.
- Knowledge of business and management principles involved.
- 5-8 years experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Lean and Six Sigma tools experience desirable.
- Technology and automation minded, with a basic understanding of pneumatics, hydraulics, motors, basic electricity, gearboxes, and tools.
- Excellent computer skills including advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office products.
- Strong math skills, including the knowledge of arithmetic, basic algebra, geometry, and statistics, and their applications.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills, with the ability to work effectively with all levels of the organization.
- Ability to actively lead team development and team oriented processes
- Excellent verbal communication skills
- Excellent team building skills
- Ability to work quickly and accurately under stress when equipment is down
- Possess an exceptional attention to detail.
- Good written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
Keywords: Mohawk, Danville , MAINTENANCE MANAGER III - DANVILLE, VA - 1ST SHIFT, Hospitality & Tourism , Danville, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!