Company: The Goodyear Tire and Rubbber Company
Posted on: June 14, 2022
Sponsorship Available: No
Relocation Assistance Available: Yes
Primary Purpose of Position:
Establish, install & maintain wage incentive plans.
Provide plant management with information, studies &
recommendations to improve personnel & equipment utilization.
Act as company representation in arbitration cases.
Assist production with labor problems & grievances.
Support plant/business center in achieving production goals.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop & lead studies on time standard data & piecework rates,
evaluate ergonomic/motion in positions, provide data to management
& union (if applicable).
- Independently determine factory staffing & changes in labor
requirements as necessitated by ticket fluctuation & plant
- Coordinate with Engineering Department to conduct efficiency
studies, justify capital expenditures & recommend plant layout
- Lead the process of job analysis on positions, evaluating
responsibilities, physical demands, working conditions & skill
levels. Make recommendations of pay scale & review as
- Lead continuous improvement activities & act as a resource to
- BS Degree in engineering
- 0-2 years' experience working with multi-disciplinary
engineering & maintenance associates to achieve cost effective
- Manufacturing co-op experience helpful, but not required.
- Experience in Union Environment.
- Experience in Manufacturing Environment.
- Ability to use appropriate computer-based technology.
- Familiar with MOST, Six Sigma, Lean Manufacturing
- Strong analytical & problem-solving skills.
- Excellent interpersonal & communication skills, both verbal &
Goodyear is one of the world's largest tire companies. It employs
about 72,000 people and manufactures its products in 57 facilities
in 23 countries around the world. Its two Innovation Centers in
Akron, Ohio and Colmar-Berg, Luxembourg strive to develop
state-of-the-art products and services that set the technology and
performance standard for the industry. For more information about
Goodyear and its products, go to www.goodyear.com/corporate .
Goodyear is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action
Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to that individual's race, color,
religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including
pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or
mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity,
citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you need reasonable accommodation to complete the online
application, or any other part of the employment process, please
contact the Goodyear Candidate Care Line at 330.796.4500.
Click here for more information about Equal Employment Opportunity
laws, and here for additional supplementary information.
Keywords: The Goodyear Tire and Rubbber Company, Danville , Industrial Engineer, Other , Danville, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!