Company: American National Bankshares
Posted on: September 24, 2022
The Trust Officer is responsible for the delivery of comprehensive
wealth management solutions to clients; administration of trust
accounts, investment accounts, IRA's and estates; estate planning;
real estate supervision.
- Serves as a relationship manager and primary financial advisor
to Wealth Management Clients providing insight and guidance on all
aspects of financial planning.
- Responsible or building, retaining, broadening and deepening
client relationships by providing an outstanding advice-based
- Develops strong working relationships with internal
- Builds strong relationships with clients' legal and tax
advisors and other external Centers of Influence.
- Works with clients on a daily basis for trust and investment
needs, including distributions, movement of assets, payment of
invoices, and review of accounts.
- Reviews and collaborates with outside CPA firms in preparation
and filing of tax returns (Fiduciary, Income, Domestic, and Estate
- both Federal and State).
- Checks daily transaction histories, portfolio investment
reviews, trust checks and statements.
- Oversees real estate activities of client holdings including
appraisal, inspection, supervision of repairs, capital
improvements, insurance coverage, environmental compliance, sales
and lease negotiations.
- Serves on various trust department or bank committees, as
- Prepares and presents specific agenda items to Trust Investment
Committee. 11. Maintains a thorough knowledge of all American
National Bank & Trust Company products, services, procedures,
policies and a appropriate regulatory issues relating to daily job
functions including but not limited to: Bank Secrecy Act; Privacy;
Fair Lending; Regulation E; deposit, transaction and loan accounts.
12. Performs other duties as assigned. 13. Normal office working
environment. 14. Must be able to walk in area and carry files and
papers in the department. REQUIRED SKILLS 1. Knowledge and
experience in: * Investments * Marketing * Real estate transactions
* Environmental liability * Fiduciary and Personal Taxation * Risk
Management 2. Effective communicator with good verbal and written
skills. 3. Strong analytical, detailed and problem solving skills.
4. Ability to multi-task and set priorities. 5. Exemplifies
excellent customer service standards. 6. Strong computer skills
with a working knowledge of Microsoft Office products - Word,
Excel, Power Point and Outlook. EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE 1.
Bachelor's Degree Required. Advanced Degree i.e. MBA or JD
preferred. 2. CFP and/or CTFA preferred 3. Minimum 5 years trust
experience. 4. Willingness to continue education with trust
schools, industry seminars, etc . PM21 PI190394069
Keywords: American National Bankshares, Danville , TRUST OFFICER, Other , Danville, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!