Posted on: March 16, 2023
Dewberry is seeking an Architecture Intern for Summer 2023 to work in our Danville, VA office. This position will work under the close supervision of the project architect/manager. Specific and detailed instructions regarding architectural tasks will be provided. Must take the initiative to either work out or research a work effort with the understanding of own capabilities and when to seek help from supervisor.
Dewberry is a leading, market-facing professional services firm with more than 50 locations and 2,000 professionals nationwide. What sets us apart from our competitors are our people. At Dewberry, we seek out exceptional talent and strive to deliver the highest quality of services to our clients. Whether you're an experienced professional or a new graduate, you'll have the chance to collaborate with the best and brightest and work on innovative and complex projects at the forefront of the industry. Our commitment to excellence stems from our personal integrity and from other defining attributes, which we call "Dewberry at Work," that have inspired our employees to be successful for more than a half-century.
* Responsible for production of construction documents including materials research and detail development.
* Assist in code analysis on assigned projects.
* Assist designers and project architects in conceptual design on assigned projects.
* Assist in construction phase shop drawing review and assembly of requests for proposals, change orders and closeout documentation.
* Assist project architect in developing preliminary specifications, material, product selection and research.
* Assist in production standards.
Required Skills & Required Experience
* Pursing a degree in Architecture is required
* Strong understanding of CADD, REVIT, and Adobe Suite is required
* Must possess good oral and written communication skills
* Prior internship experience a plus.
Don't meet every single requirement? At Dewberry we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive, and authentic workplace for our employee's. So if you're excited about this role, but your past experience doesn't align perfectly with every qualification in the position description, we encourage you to apply anyways. You may just be the right candidate for this or other opportunities.
* At this time, Dewberry will not sponsor new applicants for work authorization.
* Dewberry is an Equal Opportunity/ Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
* Only recipients of an offer of employment from Dewberry, will be required to submit to a background screening which may include, but is not limited to, employment verification, educational and other credential verification, driving record check, criminal background check, and an investigative consumer report. These screenings will be conducted by Dewberry's background vendor of choice and will be conducted in compliance with all applicable federal, state, and local law.
Keywords: Dewberry, Danville , Architecture Intern, Other , Danville, Virginia
here to apply!