Company: Sovah Health - Martinsville
Posted on: November 14, 2023
Martinsville, VA. -Who We Are:People are our passion and
purpose. -Come to work where you are appreciated for who you are
not just what you can do. Licensed for 220 beds, SOVAH Health -
Martinsville is a full service, acute-care hospital providing over
22 medical specialties. Among the services we offer are a home
health & hospice agency, advanced wound healing center, cardiac
rehabilitation center, two cardiac catheterization labs, and
medical & radiation oncology services. - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
- - - Where We Are:In Martinsville, explore culture and arts; enjoy
kayaking or hiking and so much more in the foothills of the Blue
Ridge Mountains. From the river to the racetrack, we offer plenty
of activities to guarantee that you and your family have a
fun-filled time! -Why Choose Us: - Health (Medical, Dental, Vision)
and 401K Benefits for full-time employees - Competitive Paid Time
Off / Extended Illness Bank package for full-time employees -
Employee Assistance Program - mental, physical, and financial
wellness assistance - Tuition Reimbursement/Assistance for
qualified applicants - Professional development, Growth
opportunities, and Mentor-based training - And much more---
-Position Summary:Sovah Health is seeking a full-time Mammo
Technologist to perform mammography procedures in accordance with
applicable scope and standards of practice.
- Reviews patient history and physician's orders. Educates
patient regarding procedures, equipment and exam to ensure
patient's understanding and cooperation.
- Monitors patient condition continually and reports/responds to
changes in status as appropriate. May assist physician with
performing interventional procedures including fine needle
aspiration and needle localization.
- Prepares equipment and supplies. Selects appropriate exposure
factors and imaging parameters. Implements safety standards and
performs appropriate quality control procedures on equipment.
Troubleshoots, resolves, and/or reports equipment malfunctions as
- Participates in ensuring compliance with the Mammography
Quality Standards Act (MQSA) regulations and applicable
- Positions patient and performs imaging procedure(s), biopsies,
stereotactic and special procedures. Analyzes results and
identifies issues with the quality of imaging results. Takes
appropriate action to resolve image quality issues, including
repositioning patient and repeating procedure.
- Enters, transmits, and reports scan results.
- Keeps current with BiRad and follow-ups on all patients.
- Graduate of a two year AMA approved Radiology Technology
School. -Required Skills:
- Requires critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the
ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Must be able to work in a stressful environment and take
- Full range of motion of upper and lower extremities.
- Moving and/or lifting patients and equipment weighing up to 50
pounds. Pushing equipment > 100 pounds. Dexterity and eye-hand
- Requires corrected vision and hearing within normal
- Standing and/or walking for extensive periods of time.
- Working under stressful conditions and irregular hours.
- Potential for exposure to communicable disease and/or body
fluid which require the use of body substance isolation
precautions. -Required Certifications/Licenses:
- Basic Life Support (BLS)
- Registered by American Registry of Radiology Technologists,
Registered in Mammography by ARRT. -Minimum Work Experience:
- One year experience in performing mammography procedures.
- 5 CEU in mammography per year (FDA Requirement). 24 CEU in
Radiology per 2 years (ARRT Requirement). -EEOC Statement:SOVAH
Health - Martinsville is committed to providing Equal Employment
Opportunities for all applicants and employees and complies with
all applicable laws prohibiting discrimination against any employee
or applicant for employment because of color, race, sex, age,
religion, national origin, disability, genetic information, gender
identity, sexual orientation, veterans' status or any other basis
protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Equal opportunity and affirmative action employers and are looking
for diversity in candidates for employment:
Keywords: Sovah Health - Martinsville, Danville , Mammo Technologist, Other , Martinsville, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!