CT Technologist WEO / 3rd shift
Company: Sovah Health - Martinsville
Posted on: November 14, 2023
Martinsville, VA.Who We Are:People are our passion and purpose.
-Come to work where you are appreciated for who you are not just
what you can do. Licensed for 220 beds, SOVAH Health - Martinsville
is a full service, acute-care hospital providing over 22 medical
specialties. Among the services we offer are a home health &
hospice agency, advanced wound healing center, cardiac
rehabilitation center, two cardiac catheterization labs, and
medical & radiation oncology services. - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
- - - Where We Are:In Martinsville, explore culture and arts; enjoy
kayaking or hiking and so much more in the foothills of the Blue
Ridge Mountains. From the river to the racetrack, we offer plenty
of activities to guarantee that you and your family have a
fun-filled time! -Why Choose Us: - Health (Medical, Dental, Vision)
and 401K Benefits for full-time employees - Competitive Paid Time
Off / Extended Illness Bank package for full-time employees -
Employee Assistance Program - mental, physical, and financial
wellness assistance - Tuition Reimbursement/Assistance for
qualified applicants - Professional development, Growth
opportunities, and Mentor-based training - And much more---
-Position SummarySovah Martinsville is seeking a CT Technologist
WEO to provide computed tomography imaging in accordance with
applicable scope and standards of practice. -
- Reviews patient history and physician's orders.
- Educates patient regarding procedures, equipment and exam to
ensure patient's understanding and cooperation.
- When ordered, prepares and administers contrast media and/or
medications within scope of practice.
- Monitors patient condition continually and reports/responds to
changes in status as appropriate.
- Prepares equipment and supplies.
- Implements safety standards and performs appropriate quality
control procedures on equipment.
- Troubleshoots, resolves, and/or reports equipment malfunctions
- Positions patient and performs imaging procedure(s).
- Analyzes results and identifies issues with the quality of
- Takes appropriate action to resolve image quality issues,
including repositioning patient and repeating procedure.
- Enters, transmits and reports scan results.
- Graduate of an educational program in Radiologic Technology.
- Requires critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the
ability to work with minimal supervision. Must be able to work in a
stressful environment and take appropriate action.
- Full range of motion of upper and lower extremities.
- Moving and/or lifting patients and equipment weighing up to 50
pounds. Pushing equipment > 100 pounds.
- Dexterity and eye-hand coordination.
- Requires corrected vision and hearing within normal
- Standing and/or walking for extensive periods of time.
- Working under stressful conditions and irregular hours.
- Potential for exposure to communicable disease and/or body
fluid which require the use of body substance isolation
precautions. -Required Certifications:
- Registered by American Registry of Radiologic Technologists,
Advanced certification in Computed Tomography is preferred.
- AHA BLS required. -Work Experience:
- Minimum of one year experience as a Radiologic Technologist in
Diagnostic Radiology preferred. Previous CT experience preferred.
-EEOC Statement:SOVAH Health - Martinsville is committed to
providing Equal Employment Opportunities for all applicants and
employees and complies with all applicable laws prohibiting
discrimination against any employee or applicant for employment
because of color, race, sex, age, religion, national origin,
disability, genetic information, gender identity, sexual
orientation, veterans' status or any other basis protected by
applicable federal, state or local law.
Equal opportunity and affirmative action employers and are looking
for diversity in candidates for employment:
Keywords: Sovah Health - Martinsville, Danville , CT Technologist WEO / 3rd shift, Other , Martinsville, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!