Treatment Foster Care Case Worker - Danville
Posted on: November 14, 2023
HumanKind has served many Virginia communities since 1903. Our
story began as a Presbyterian Orphanage in Lynchburg and we
continue to build on more than 100 years of service to strengthen
individuals, children and families all across the Commonwealth.
BENEFITS: We believe our employees are the heartbeat of our
mission. HumanKind offers competitive salaries and values employees
with a diverse benefits package including:
- On-Call Pay
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- 403(b) Retirement plan and company match
- Tuition Reimbursement
- 5 weeks paid time off and holiday pay
- Life Insurance; Short and Long Term Disability Insurance
POSITION SUMMARY: The Treatment Foster Care Case Worker I Position
requires a candidate to maintain a caseload of up to twelve
children at any given time, as well as the ability to rotate
on-call responsibilities as assigned. On-call pay is provided. This
position requires regular supervision and coordination with the
Program Manager to ensure that all LCPA and HumanKind policies and
procedures are being met, as well as ongoing contact, service
coordination, and support of foster children, foster parents, DSS
agencies and other community stakeholders on an ongoing basis.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Maintain an assigned caseload of up to 12 foster children.
- Complete and maintain thorough documentation including but not
limited to: Monthly Notes and Reports, 14 Day Plans, 30 Day Plans,
45 Day Plans, Social Histories, Quarterly Reports, and Annual
- Maintain accurate and detailed files for each child on Case
Worker's assigned caseload.
- Assess the needs of foster children, and implement tangible
objectives, strategies and services to address all identified
- Completion of home and field visits multiple times a month for
each child on Case Worker's assigned caseload.
- Attend or coordinate meetings on behalf of foster children and
foster families including; FAPT, Court, FPM meetings, Treatment
Teams, and VEMAT meetings.
- Provide professional correspondence and communication with
- Encourage and support positive relationships with birth
- Supervise visitations between foster children and their birth
families, provide transportation for identified services, and make
service referrals to various agencies.
- Maintain compliance with LCPA, HumanKind TFC, and HumanKind
policies and procedures.
- Participation in ongoing trainings required by LCPA standards,
HumanKind, and supervisor.
- Complete Medicaid case management billing for all approved
- Participation in all audits, to include internal and external
conduct by LCPA Licensing Inspector.
- Rotate on-call responsibilities.
- Provide support to foster children and foster families during
times of crisis.
- Comply with all Virginia Mandated Reporting guidelines.
- Use Placement/Matching protocol in the event assistant is
needed for placement by the Program Manager.
- Provide ongoing support and training to foster families.
- Assist with marketing of the TFC program as needed.
- All other duties as assigned. KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITES:
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience with standard office
equipment and computer programs/applications including Microsoft
Suite and Excel.
- Effectively communicate professionally and appropriately both
written and verbally to a diverse range of people.
- Ability to work effectively and respectfully in a team
environment with a diverse group of coworkers, program staff, and
- Ability to self-direct, self-motivate, and demonstrate
non-judgmental professional decision-making.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and various deadlines
- Possess strong organizational skills and understand the
importance of details.
- Ability to handle and manage crisis situations
- Be able to maintain confidentiality.
- Comply with LCPA standards, HumanKind and HK TFC policies and
procedures, and remain up to date on any changes. MINIMUM
- A doctorate or master's degree in social work from a college or
university accredited by the Council on Social Work Education or a
field related to social work such as sociology, psychology, special
education, our counseling with a student placement in casework
services to children and families or one year of experience in
providing casework; or a baccalaureate degree is social work or a
field related to social work including, but not limited to
sociology, psychology, special education, or counseling and one
year of experience in providing casework services to children and
families; or a baccalaureate degree in any field plus two years of
experience in providing casework services to children and
- Valid VA driver's license and acceptable driving record.
- Complete, pass and maintain all required Background checks and
- Must be able to response to on-call emergencies within an
approved amount of time as determined by Program Manager. HumanKind
embraces and values diversity. Our goal is to attract, develop,
retain and promote a talented workforce in a culture where all
employees contribute to their fullest potential.
Keywords: HumanKind, Danville , Treatment Foster Care Case Worker - Danville, Other , Danville, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!