Ultrasound Tech I
Company: Sovah Health - Danville
Posted on: November 14, 2023
SOVAH Health - DanvilleSign on Bonus: $15,000Who We Are:People
are our passion and purpose. Come work where you are appreciated
for who you are not just what you can do. SOVAH Health - Danville
is a 250-bed hospital with the region's only designated Chest Pain
Center & Certified Advanced Primary Stroke Center. We are an
academic teaching site for residents, medical students, nurses,
nurse practitioners, pharmacists, and physician assistants.Where We
Are: - - - - - - From our beautiful rolling countryside to our
thriving downtown, Danville offers big city amenities with quaint,
small town charm. We are home to a thriving art and entertainment
scene, numerous local restaurants and shops, diverse educational
institutions, and vast recreational opportunities.Why Choose Us: -
Health (Medical, Dental, Vision) and 401K Benefits for full-time
employees - Competitive Paid Time Off / Extended Illness Bank
package for full-time employees - Employee Assistance Program -
mental, physical, and financial wellness assistance - Tuition
Reimbursement/Assistance for qualified applicants - Professional
development, Growth opportunities, and Mentor-based training - And
much more--- - - - Position Summary: - - - - - Sovah Danville is
seeking a full-time Ultrasound Tech I to under the general guidance
of the physicians/providers performs a variety of diagnostic
ultrasonographic procedures. -Primarily responsible for performing
a variety of imaging procedures that require independent judgment,
ingenuity, and initiative while operating diagnostic imaging
- Operates ultrasound equipment to perform clinical diagnostic
ultrasound exams and routine invasive procedures according to
established standards and practices.
- Receives patients, explains method of procedure and makes sure
patient is comfortable.
- Provides patient services to all ages using imaging
- Maintains equipment and supplies and organizes work area.
- Keeps accurate records, helps with scheduling of the ultrasound
and keeps patient flow smooth.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Graduate of a Program in Radiologic Technology or Sonographic
Technology required.Required Skills:
- Requires critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the
ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Must be able to work in a stressful environment and take
- Requires flexibility in scheduling and ability to work all
shift patterns including week-ends and holidays to insure
appropriateness and continuity of care for the patients of Sovah
- Basic Life Support (BLS) American Heart Association (AHA)
- American Radiologic Diagnostic Medical Sonography Registry
(ARDMS) in Abdomen or OB/GYN Required or within one (1) year of
Level I, ARDMS Registry in one (1) Abdomen, OB/GYN or RVT
Level II, ARDMS Registry in two (2) of the following - Abdomen,
Level III, ARDMS Registry in three (3) of the following - Abdomen,
Equal opportunity and affirmative action employers and are looking
for diversity in candidates for employment:
Keywords: Sovah Health - Danville, Danville , Ultrasound Tech I, Other , Danville, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!