Polysomn Tech Trainee - PRN
Company: Sovah Health - Martinsville
Posted on: November 18, 2023
SOVAH Health - MartinsvilleMartinsville, VA.Who We Are:People
are our passion and purpose. -Come to work where you are
appreciated for who you are not just what you can do. Licensed for
220 beds, SOVAH Health - Martinsville is a full service, acute-care
hospital providing over 22 medical specialties. Among the services
we offer are a home health & hospice agency, advanced wound healing
center, cardiac rehabilitation center, two cardiac catheterization
labs, and medical & radiation oncology services.Where We Are: - - -
- - - In Martinsville, explore culture and arts; enjoy kayaking or
hiking and so much more in the foothills of the Blue Ridge
Mountains. From the river to the racetrack, we offer plenty of
activities to guarantee that you and your family have a fun-filled
time!Why Choose Us:
--- Health (Medical, Dental, Vision) and 401K Benefits for
--- Competitive Paid Time Off / Extended Illness Bank package for
--- Employee Assistance Program - mental, physical, and financial
--- Tuition Reimbursement/Assistance for qualified applicants
--- Professional development, Growth opportunities, and
--- And much more---Position Summary:Sovah Martinsville is seeking
a Prn Polysomnography Tech Trainee to work under the direct
supervision of an RPSGT or the Medical Director. -Within the first
year, they will complete all on-line education modules as required
to be board eligible. -They must obtain the RPSGT credential and
subsequent Virginia State license to practice as a Polysomnographic
Technologist within 1.5 years from their start date. -
- All tasks are performed under the "direct" supervision of an
RPSGT or the Medical Director.
- Review the patient's history and verify the medical order.
- Follow sleep center protocols related to the sleep study.
- Verify patient's credentials upon arrival, collect documents
and obtain consent for the study.
- Explain the procedure and orient the patient for either in the
center or out of the center sleep testing.
- Select appropriate equipment and calibrate for testing to
determine proper functioning and make adjustments as
- Apply electrodes and sensors according to acceptable published
- Perform routine positive airway pressure (PAP) interface
fitting and desentization.
- Follows procedural protocols [such as Multiple Sleep Latency
Test (MSLT), Maintenance of Wakefulness Test (MWT), parasomnia
studies, PAP and oxygen titration, etc.] to ensure collection of
- Performs appropriate physiological calibrations to ensure
proper signals and make required adjustments.
- Follows "lights out" procedures to establish and document
baseline values (such as body position, oxyhemoglobin saturation,
respiratory and heart rates, etc.).
- Performs data acquisition while monitoring study-tracing
quality to ensure signals are artifact-free. Identify, correct and
- Documents routine observations, including sleep stages and
clinical events, changes in procedure, and other significant events
in order to facilitate scoring and interpretation of
- Assists with appropriate interventions (including actions
necessary for patient safety and therapeutic intervention such as
positive airway pressure, oxygen administration, etc.).
- Follows "lights on" procedures to verify integrity of collected
data and complete the data collection process (e.g. repeat the
physiological and instrument calibrations and instruct the patient
on completing questionnaires, and check for completeness,
- Demonstrates proficiency in recognizing sleep vs wake and
identify clinical events while monitoring sleep study
- Demonstrates the knowledge and skills necessary to recognize
and provide age specific care in the treatment, assessment, and
education of pediatric, adolescent, adult, and geriatric
- Demonstrates the knowledge and skills necessary to perform
portable monitoring equipment preparation and data download.
- Performs patient education and instruction appropriate for out
of center sleep testing.
- Demonstrates adherence to cleaning and disinfection procedures
for portable monitoring devices.
- Demonstrates ability to identify artifact, inadequate signals
and study failures in portable monitoring recordings.
- Performs EEG studies as directed by the Patient Care
Coordinator or the Medical Director or designee.
- If trained, performs EEGS and Endarterectomy EEGS.
- Fill patient vacancies as needed.
- Schedules patients for additional studies as indicated.
Keywords: Sovah Health - Martinsville, Danville , Polysomn Tech Trainee - PRN, Other , Martinsville, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!