Lead Support Associate
Company: Big Lots
Posted on: September 8, 2019
Performs general store operational duties including cashiering,
customer service, truck unloading, stocking, merchandise recovery,
and light cleaning or maintenance as assigned. Serves as Manager on
Duty, providing direction to store associates performing
cashiering, customer service, recovery and furniture-related
activities on the sales floor, during gaps created by store
leadership vacations and/or lunch periods. Associates in this
position are not responsible for opening or closing the store.
Works collaboratively with store leadership to drive overall store
1. Greets and assists customers as needed in order to maintain the
highest level of customer service.
2. Maintains and operates point-of-sale systems efficiently and
3. Drives customer loyalty program participation, including sign
ups and rewards processing at check-out.
4. Participates in the freight flow process including truck
unloading, stocking, merchandise presentation and recovery.
5. Participates in furniture department operations including
carry-outs and display assembly as needed.
6. Maintains appearance of the store's interior and exterior to
company standards including light maintenance duties and
7. Performs daily front-end maintenance including check stand
cleanliness, replenishment of merchandise and supplies and floor
8. Performs other tasks as assigned by Store Leadership, such as
cart retrieval, shrink control and safety-related tasks.
9. Serves in the Manager on Duty role as needed. When serving in
this role, provides leadership and direction to floor associates
and ensures that store, merchandising, and customer service
standards are continuously met, including merchandise presentation,
signage, recovery, and cleanliness. Drives the customer experience
and ensures resolution of customer issues.
1. High School Diploma, GED or equivalent work experience required.
Must be at least 18 years of age.
2. Strong customer service and communication skills required.
3. Ability to work a flexible work schedule including nights,
weekends and holidays required.
4. Prior retail leadership experience preferred.
5. Ability to lift, carry, push, and pull a minimum of 50 pounds
required. Ability to unload freight, to move product on and off of
store shelves, to walk, stand, bend, stoop, or kneel for long
periods of time, and to move freely throughout store on a continual
6. Strong organizational, communication, leadership, presentation
and interpersonal skills required.
7. Strong decision-making and problem resolution skills
8. Basic English literacy, math, and PC skills required.
We will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including
those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the
requirements of applicable state and local laws.
What is it about Big Lots?From everyday consumables and housewares
to toys and seasonal goods, Big Lots offers amazing values that
other stores just can't match. Discover what makes Big Lots such an
incredible place to shop, work for, invest in, and do business
with.BIG opportunities. LOTS of potential.Our people make Big Lots
a great place to shop - and a great place to work. We're looking
for individuals who are committed to customer service and who want
a career filled with opportunities, challenges and rewards.
Keywords: Big Lots, Danville , Lead Support Associate, Other , Danville, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!