(May Start) - Packaging Lead Technician (x2)
Posted on: May 13, 2022
Packaging Lead Technician - May 2022 Start Date
AeroFarms, the commercial leader in Vertical Farming is building
the largest indoor vertical farm in the world in Danville Virginia!
(We already have the Guinness world record for this in 2022 - this
new farm is 4 times the output of that farm!) This flagship
greenfield facility will service our growing customer base in the
Mid-Atlantic Region once operational in 2022. This is an
opportunity to help with the scaling of one of the most exciting
AgTech Companies in the world (We won #1 spot in the Global Food
Tech 500 list - 3 years in a row!)
At AeroFarms we are Non-GMO and use zero herbicides, fungicides,
pesticides of any kind, along with using 95% less water compared to
conventional agriculture and can grow the best leafy greens
365/24/7 without worrying about seasons!
The world needs our help. By 2050, there will be 9 billion people
on the planet with less arable land than ever before. We need a
solution to cultivate more using less and define the future of
farming for generations to come. In 2004, AeroFarms began
transforming agriculture with humans and our planet at the
In 2022 AeroFarms is embarking on rapid growth in North America,
with 20+ current patents, 60+ pending patents, and 200+ invention
disclosures, AeroFarms agriculture technology continues to grow
unprecedented sustainable products, delivering elevated flavor,
taste, experience, quality, access, and unmatched nutrition to
Here's how we're growing the best plants possible for the
betterment of humanity:
- Researching and understanding plants to be better, more
- Elevating local communities by increasing access to nutritious,
high-quality, consistent, and safe products in a way that's better
for you and the planet
- Protecting and sustaining our environment for future
- Pioneering consistent, and scalable indoor vertical farming
food safety & traceability practices, and manufacturing
- Building and deploying state-of-the-art automated indoor
vertical farms across the country using the latest technological
advancements available today.
- Investing in our AeroFarms humans and fostering our diverse
company culture of inclusion, equity, excellence, teachability and
As AeroFarms approaches our next phase of explosive growth, we seek
out creative, motivated humans who will join us in disrupting
industry standards and lead the way in vertical farming, artificial
intelligence, and plant biology breakthroughs to solve, and tackle
If a team of 200+ intellectually curious and caring humans,
expansive global operations, and our change-the-world mission
resonates with you, apply today:
- An incredible 'change-the-world' company with the eyes of the
world focused on our success.
- A team of motivated, intellectually curious individuals to
- The backing of impressive firms like Goldman Sachs, IKEA,
Prudential, and other leading venture funds.
The---Packaging Technician---will be responsible for:
- Packing out leafy greens into appropriate containers using the
specifications and standards as defined by quality.
- Sorting through products to get best quality or decide if
poorer quality needs to be reviewed by the Quality Team.
- Operating scale and metal detector daily to obtain proper
- Distinguishing between different packaging raw materials.
- Tracking quality losses and input into computer at EOD.
- Operating automatic packaging line.
- All other tasks assigned by your Supervisor.
--- You have:
- High School Diploma or Equivalent.--- --- ---
- Experience in food production helpful.
- Must be able to communicate effectively.
- Must be able to read, write, understand, and speak basic
- Must be able to work in a cold environment (
- Availability to work weekends is a must.
- Ability to respect and maintain confidential information.
- Ability to work within a team environment.
- Ability to lift, push, or pull up to---30 lbs.
- Must be able to drive electric forklift/pallet jack---after
- Must be able to work independently and within a team.
- Must have time management skills to meet certain deadlines for
- Must be detailed oriented and organized.
- Must have good communication skills.
- Must have good basic math skills.
- Ability to use scales and computer.
- Collaboration - we know we cannot fix the worlds problems as an
individual, we have to work together as a team to make that happen.
Teamwork is how we get there!
- Communication - we are a small company (in relative terms - -
200 + employees), we work well together because we communicate well
with each other. You must demonstrate why our mission is important
to you: everyone who works at AeroFarms has a strong link to the
mission: we want to hear why it means something to you!
- Agility - What we do has never been done before: we are an
innovation company, there is no right or wrong way to do things, we
constantly develop how we operate, we can always elevate what we
are doing and never claim to have it right.
- Accountability - we don't micromanage, we hire individuals who
know what they need to do and can do so with minimal direction and
take ownership of their projects and deadlines.
- Respect - We are already starting our journey scaling around
the world: we want our team to represent every kind of individual
out on plant earth and we need to respect different people,
different ideas, different cultures etc. We can learn so much from
each other, but respect is key
- Empowerment - we provide an environment for growth and
development: we need your help to develop our business, we will
help you develop in your career, and sky is the limit given our
Powered by JazzHR
Keywords: AeroFarms, Danville , (May Start) - Packaging Lead Technician (x2), Professions , Danville, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!