Fleet Coordinator (Supply Chain/Logistics)
Company: Penske Logistics
Posted on: September 19, 2022
Fleet Coordinator (Supply Chain/Logistics)(Job Number: 2217434)
This position will act as the main point of contact for Driving
Associates and fleet activities, including but not limited to
assigning and monitoring driver schedules, and ensuring the ongoing
safe operation and utilization of equipment to support customer
- Schedules and assigns carriers and equipment to ensure timely,
complete and accurate performance against customer
- Administers and supports emergency on the road maintenance to
ensure maximum equipment availability
- Procures and monitors Driving Team Members equipment use and
- Acts as the point of contact for Fleet activities, documenting
and reporting on equipment status, including data collection in
support of KPI reporting
- Identifies and escalates process exceptions required to meet
- Ensures cross-shift communication
- Recommends corrective action measures to address process and/or
team member performance gaps in relation to safety and - compliance
policies and practices
- Other projects as assigned by the manager
- High School diploma or GED equivalent required
- Previous experience in a Fleet / Dispatch role is
- Must have strong written and verbal communication
- Exceptional administrative and organizational skills
- Works well with limited supervision. Exercises strong time
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications including Word,
Excel and Outlook
- Regular, predictable, full attendance is an essential function
of the job
- Willingness to travel as necessary, work the required schedule,
work at the specific location required, complete Penske employment
application, submit to a background investigation (to include past
employment and criminal history) and drug screening required.
- The physical and mental demands described here are
representative of those that must be met by an associate to
successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The associate will be required to: read; communicate verbally
and/or in written form; remember and analyze certain information;
and remember and understand certain instructions or
- While performing the duties of this job, the associate may be
required to stand, walk, and sit. The associate is frequently
required to use hands to touch, handle, and feel, and to reach with
hands and arms. The associate must be able to occasionally lift
and/or move up to 25lbs/12kg.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close
vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and
the ability to adjust focus.
Penske is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
About Penske Logistics
Penske Logistics is a wholly owned subsidiary of Penske Truck
Leasing. With operations in North America, South America, Europe
and Asia, Penske Logistics provides supply chain management and
logistics services to leading companies around the world. Penske
Logistics delivers value through its design, planning and execution
in transportation, warehousing and freight management. Visit
http://www.penskelogistics.com/ to learn more.
Keywords: Penske Logistics, Danville , Fleet Coordinator (Supply Chain/Logistics), Professions , Danville, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!