Production Equipment Operator - $19.50 / hour - Altavista, VA Plant (Night Shift)
Company: Abbott Laboratories
Posted on: January 27, 2023
Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more
fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing
technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading
businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices,
nutritionals and branded generic medicines. Our 113,000 colleagues
serve people in more than 160 countries.
Abbott's Nutrition Division develops science-based nutrition
products for people of all ages, from helping babies and children
grow, to keeping adult bodies strong and active. Millions of people
around the world count on our leading brands - including Similac -,
PediaSure -, Pedialyte -, Ensure -, Glucerna - and ZonePerfect - -
to help get the nutrients they need to live their healthiest
Altavista, Va., is Abbott's largest nutrition manufacturing plant
in the world. But working here, you'll feel part of a family - a
family of 670+ that works together to help nourish the world.
WORKING AT ABBOTT
At Abbott, you can have a good job that can grow into a great
career. We offer:
* Fast paced work environment where your safety is our priority
* Production areas that are clean, well-lit and
* Training and career development, with onboarding programs for new
employees and tuition assistance
* Financial security through competitive compensation, incentives
and retirement plans
* Health care and well-being programs including medical, dental,
vision, wellness and occupational health programs, Medical Benefits
start day 1
* Vacation - 3 weeks accrued vacation (1st yr is prorated) +
vacation buy program + 3 personal days + 10 paid holidays
* Company Paid Pension Plan
* 401(k) retirement savings with a generous company match of 5%
* Tuition reimbursement, the Freedom 2 Save student debt program
and FreeU education benefit - an affordable and convenient path to
getting a bachelor's degree.
* A company recognized as a great place to work in dozens of
countries around the world and named one of the most admired
companies in the world by Fortune.
* A company that is recognized as one of the best big companies to
work for as well as a best place to work for diversity, working
mothers, female executives, and scientists.
* The stability of a company with a record of strong financial
performance and history of being actively involved in local
Learn more about our benefits that add real value to your life to
help you live fully: www.abbottbenefits.com
This Sr Production Equipment Operator position works out of our
Altavista, VA location in the Abbott Nutrition Division.
What You'll Work On
* Safely operate, clean and help maintain the production related
equipment both complex and standard high-speed production equipment
that makes our industry-leading nutrition products
* Maintain accurate and legible records and documentation
* Maintain an adequate supply of materials for the equipment in
* Troubleshoot equipment issues
* Ensure that both products and materials are of proper
identification, correct codes and expiration dates.
* Perform periodic on-line visual quality inspections and offline
You'll be accountable for meeting our compliance standards
including FDA, OSHA and Abbott policies and procedures.
Pay and Shift
The hourly pay for this position is $19.50 and this is for the
night shift. Example of shift:
Shift Hours: 6pm to 6:30 am, on a rotating basis.
Week One: Mon - On / Tues - On / Weds - Off / Thurs - Off / Fri -
On / Sat - On / Sun - On
Week Two: Mon - Off / Tues - Off / Weds - On / Thurs - On / Fri -
Off / Sat - Off / Sun - Off
* High school diploma or GED
* 6 months prior manufacturing experience
* Proficiency in basic math, good verbal and written communication
* Some mechanical aptitude
* Participants who complete a short wellness assessment qualify for
FREE coverage in our HIP PPO medical plan. Free coverage applies in
the next calendar year.
Learn more about our health and wellness benefits, which provide
the security to help you and your family live full lives:
Follow your career aspirations to Abbott for diverse opportunities
with a company that can help you build your future and live your
best life. Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to
employee diversity and a Military/Veteran Friendly employer.
Connect with us at www.abbott.com, on Facebook at
www.facebook.com/Abbott and on Twitter @AbbottNews and
Keywords: Abbott Laboratories, Danville , Production Equipment Operator - $19.50 / hour - Altavista, VA Plant (Night Shift), Professions , Danville, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!