Company: Kelly Services
Posted on: November 7, 2019
To ensure employee safety, product quality and asset performance
while delivering on time the shift/line/area production plan. You
will lead a team of approximately 30 employees. Leadership of
people includes participating in the hiring process, employee
on-boarding, performance management and corrective action.
Dedicated partnership with other groups on site and within NUSA to
ensure that their area and people are fully aligned with the
organization. Modeling the way for others by practicing, creating
and maintaining a workplace culture that engages and motivates
associates at all levels. Focusing on results to deliver success as
measured by key performance metrics.
- Ensure the timely deployment of People development plan and
assure the competencies of his/her team as per the agreed plan with
PM (proper training inclusive of equipment, safety procedures, and
hygiene). Implement strict compliance to standard operating
procedures (SOPs) by all personnel within the team.
- You will ensure a safe work environment at all times. Updated
work instructions available for all positions. Processes are run in
accordance with SOP's, SSOP's and other documentation. Activities
being performed having an environmental impact are communicated and
accomplished following environmental management.
- Ensure quality objectives are met including regular adherence
to Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP-s), performance of sanitation
audits, food safety checks, and product quality checks conducted
according to policies. Actively participate in prevention and
correction of quality-related errors. Check and make sure personnel
hygiene & safety e.g. protective clothing (uniform), shoe change &
- You will provide coaching of employees to fulfill and exceed
the requirements of the job. Daily review of achievement of targets
and report variances during on-the-floor and review meetings.
Ensure the development and implementation of action plans to
address root causes of failures and support continuous improvement
initiatives. Facilitate flawless handoffs and communicate key
information to peers, team members and Production
- Ensure continuous line Controls and immediate corrective action
to assure prescribed quality and to ensure compliance with
manufacturing instructions, internal and external regulations,
procedures & policies.
- Ensure ongoing smooth operations of factory through effective
employee and industrial relations management.
- Ensure that there is an adequate distribution of skills to
enable production plan to be achieved effectively.
- Ensure timely launch of new products to the Market as per
agreed with the business unit/area.
- Ensure adequate maintenance of the installations in
coordination with quality, engineering & administration. Review
daily maintenance effectiveness with Maintenance Mechanic(s) and
Team members to identify opportunities for improvement. Prioritize,
schedule, and ensure Maintenance & Repairs are completed to
- Travel requirement = 5%
- Bachelor-s degree AND 2 years of leadership experience,
preferably in a manufacturing environment
- OR 5 years of supervisory/management experience, preferably in
a manufacturing environment
- OR 2 years in a leadership role in the United States
- Work extended days and/or weekends with flexibility to switch
shifts as required
- Willing to work in a factory where ambient conditions may be
extremely cold, wet or warm
- Experience in food processing or packaging
- Experience in Supply Chain and/or Inventory Control
- Experience in Quality and Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP-s)
in a food processing environment.
- 1 year of experience in Continuous Improvement environment
(Lean manufacturing or Total Productive Maintenance (TPM)
- Ability to maintain a safe working environment through proper
housekeeping and safety practices.
- Excellent communication skills (oral, written and listening).
Ability to adjust communication style to multiple audiences,
facilitate group coaching, and information sharing. Ability to
positively confront and effectively deal with noncompliance through
effective "soft Skills".
- Excellent people skills - maintain a positive attitude and
ability to motivate people, specifically mentoring and coaching
individuals in identifying short- and long-term development needs
and providing appropriate support.
- Confidence in own capacity and judgment. Be willing to face
challenging situations. Develop ability to build personal
relationships based on trust, mutual respect and open
- Adaptable - ability to adjust approach to match varied task
requirements, adjust behavior to others- styles, change priorities
to meet changing demands, adjust quickly to new responsibilities
- Ability to run multiple priorities at one time through highly
developed organizational skills.
- Ability to set effective and meaningful objectives.
- Strong mechanical aptitude and troubleshooting through root
cause problem solving.
- High energy level and excellent follow-up
- Intermediate level computer skills in Microsoft Office,
At the Highly Developed Level include:
- Results Focus - Set ambitious objectives and motivate the shift
to achieve them.
- Lead People - Communicate what has to be done to gain the
understanding and commitment of the people to achieve the
- Practice What You Preach - Be a role model for his/her team and
consistently acts according to the Nestle principles and
- Proactive Partnership - Works collaboratively with others
demonstrating commitment to achieve group objectives.
Why Kelly--?As a worker today, its up to you to take charge of your
career and look for opportunities to learn, grow, and achieve your
you find whats next is what were all about. We know whats going on
in the evolving world of workjust ask the nearly 500,000 people we
each year. Connecting with us means getting the support, guidance,
and opportunities needed to take your career where you may have
never imagined.About Kelly--At Kelly, were always thinking about
whats next and advising job seekers on new ways of working to reach
their full potential. In fact, were a
leading advocate for temporary/nontraditional workstyles, because
we believe they allow flexibility and tremendous growth
opportunities that enable
a better way to work and live. Connecting great people with great
companies is what we do best, and our employment opportunities span
a wide variety
of workstyles, skill levels, and industries around the world.
Kelly is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a
diverse workforce, including, but not limited to, minorities,
individuals with disabilities, protected veterans, sexual
orientation, gender identity. Equal Employment Opportunity is The
Keywords: Kelly Services, Danville , Production Supervisor, Professions , Danville, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!